greetings Indie forum people.

i dont usually hang out in this vicinity...but what the hey.

i recently heard a sweet new band called Maps and Atlase. they are a really cool band with some wanky vocals, but neat guitar. they incorporate tapping into EVERYTHING. they mainly hold chords, high on the fretboard, and do some weird tapped arpeggios around way up on the higher notes. its sounds odd but comes out cool, so check them out on their purevolume.

on another note, if youve already heard them, shout out.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Yeah, I've got a copy of 'tree, swallows, houses' and first thing that it made me think when I got it was that it was very typical Chicago stuff. Well, its not typical Chicago, but it was kind of what I had expected. It's not my favourite purchase of the last two/three months, but it is a decent EP.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i think its an original style, but could be much improved on. i still like it though.
Get baked, study theory.

i love it so much, the tapping is amaazing

they're playing a free show in NYC next saturday the 24th, i think
(with matt & kim and the agent)
pretty excited

edit: just realized this thread is almost 6 months old. geez
only heard one song 'every place is a house' and that's amazing

They're like some kind of indie fall of troy. really would like to hear some other songs by them. andrew send me their EP, please? yeah cool. alright. cheers

edit: jesus i also just realised this thread is ridiculously old

Someone...

Posted!

I don't even like Indie anymore!
Get baked, study theory.