I Jsut oredered a BR2000 rack tuner, and was wondering if anyone had any exp. with it? Also was wondering if the g-Sharp by T.C. was any good, and what other simple, in-expensive rack gear would be good for someone trying to find their OWN sound, Im looking for a multi processor that is ok for my FX loop but also isnt gonna ruin my tone

Im currently writing alot of music, in the fuel/velvet reveolver/gnr/later sum41 vein any help?
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I dont mean to double post but this is kind of important!!!
I would likesome outside opinion, please and thank you.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Don't have any experience with the tuner, but it's a tuner, so there really isn't much to say about it other than hopefully it's accurate.

As for the processor, the G-Sharp is great for a cheap processor. It only does the major effects, none of the fancy stuff. I'm afraid the effects might be a little limited, but they work. Hopefully TC Electonics used the same DACs that are in the higher end processors, but you never know. Is there a dealer nearby where you can try one out?
Yeah but the guy there is a dick and always hovers around you throwing questins on what you think and how much hell give a deal on the thing... idiot cant even play an Emaj chord...
Mail Goes here.

This gys IQ is about twenty points lower than a dodo bird, if that tells ya anything!

But Still Im wondering about any modeling devices that are mostl analoge, that arent gonna coas t me my firt born, or should i just say eff it and stick with what ive got and not be an impulsive gear buyer, lol
Mail Goes here.

The biggest problem people had with the G major is that the rotary knob would break... a lot. I assume the G sharp will have this problem aswell, so check out some reviews (when looking at reviews, skip over all the positive reviews, and only look at the negative ones).

The Rocktron processors leave your dry tone analog, which would be my choice if your amp doesn't have a parrallel loop.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
It's a Buffered Parrallel. I belive, lemme go check.

Well everyone says its buffered but no one says if its series(probably the case) or parrallel...
Mail Goes here.

Last edited by SGKIDD at Sep 22, 2006,
Quote by SGKIDD
It's a Buffered Parrallel. I belive, lemme go check.

Well everyone says its buffered but no one says if its series(probably the case) or parrallel...

If it's got a knob to adjust the mix of dry to wet signal it's parrallel, if not it's series. The reason this matters, is if you have a parrallel fx loop, you can set the effect system to kill dry mode, and adjust the mix on the amp. The problem here is you lose versatility.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
No knob so its series,. So how is this bad/good? im not a huge amp techy , my only fx epxeriance is that everyting in front of amo doesnt sound bad,
Mail Goes here.

Quote by SGKIDD
No knob so its series,. So how is this bad/good? im not a huge amp techy , my only fx epxeriance is that everyting in front of amo doesnt sound bad,

Well the difference is with a parrallel loop, your tone is split between dry, and wet. The dry tone bypasses the effects loop, and the wet tone goes through the effects loop. They are then mixed at the end. In a series loop, you don't have the dry tone, everything goes through the effects loop. This means that you really don't want to use digital effects, as they will turn your whole tone into the digital realm, then bring it back, which results in loss (look here for more explanation on why you lose tone).

In this case, I'd advise buying one of the Rocktron multieffects, as they don't convert all of your tone into digital, just the bit that's going to have the effects applied (though I'm not sure if all of the models have an analog dry, so check that out).
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
Thanks dude, your a huge ghelp
Mail Goes here.