I was just wondering what makes some acoustic sounds so crisp,clear sound.Is it because of the guitar or the strings? I'm using a cort earth 100 and it doesn't sound as clear as other acoustic guitars i heard like maton,martin co . and stuffs
So Near....yet so far away....xHelv3ttex
It has more to do with the instruement than the strings, but the strings certainly have an effect. A bright, crisp tone usually comes from a guitar with a smaller body, mohagony sides and back, and a varnished finish. By the same token, a larger body, rosewood sides and back, and a satin finish tend to give the guitar a darker, more mellow tone.

There are, of course, other woods and other materials used in the sides and back of guitars, including maple, koa, laminate, and carbon fiber; I just picked the two most popular above.
Death to Ovation haters!
Also the guitars construction (bracings etc)
1/2 my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair.
Quote by roamingbard13
Are you kidding me? Strings are why an acoustic sounds different than an electric?

oh lord...i'll edit it this with more intelligent information when I can see straight in th emorning

nobody said anything about electric.

martins are a bright sounding guitar. bright means more treble, means more clarity. i find taylors sound more full and even, but not as clear. phos bronze strings will sound brighter than bronze, and different strings have different sounds. martin strings are brighter.

wood type has alot to do with it. a spruce top is bright, a cedar top is mellow, a koa top better on the midrange

body style effects sound. the bigger the body, the fuller the sound. smaller bodies are more distinct. folk or concert style are used more for picking, dreadnaughts for strumming, rhythm

etc, etc. lots of things affect sound. new strings always sound nice.
what
Quote by roamingbard13
Are you kidding me? Strings are why an acoustic sounds different than an electric?

oh lord...i'll edit it this with more intelligent information when I can see straight in th emorning

im saying that the crisp clean sound i think he is looking for is the type of strings, i reconmended ernie ball because i think that is the sound he is looking for, because i have played meny accoustics with those strings and i got that same feeling he described after i played it, i never said anything about an electric, and i never said that was the difference of an accoustic and an electric dumbass, people like you on this site makes me not want to come on here any more
My apologies...it was late and I didn't read everything well.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.