Any idea where I can buy .16 gauge strings...or perhaps .15s. I know I have to get customs, but where? I've searched all over.
Just out of curiousity, why do you want freakishly heavy strings? Aren't .13's good enough for ya?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I must second that and ask why? But I won't leave you hanging; does it matter if it's for guitar? Because my baritone runs .014 and I know D'Addario does .016 baritone strings.
You could just by 6 individual strings of appropriate gauges.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Yeah, just get individual strings like the guy above said... If you can't find anyone selling any, you could always use the B instead of high E, G instead of B, etc
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
If you're trying to put a, let's say .16 gauge string, it's not going to make much difference if it was 'intented' to be a E or a B? I think, anyway. I might be wrong there
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
You would have to detune, otherwise alot of the strings will just break.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
if you've got 16 guage strings, it's pretty much a given that you'll be detuning. standard pitch will break strings and bow the neck. though come to think of it, dick dale doesnt detune does he? oh hey, here's a thought, buy a 7-string guitar set, throw away the high E and use the other ones with the low B as the low E string.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

Last edited by Dan Steinman at Sep 21, 2006,
Precisley, I want the Dick Dale string tone. So I wanted to see how much of a difference the strings would make. I play .011s right now...but I want to try the heavier ones to see if the notes have more balls which is ideal to me. That 7-string idea is a good one.

I'm pretty sure if I get my guitar adjusted I should be able to tune normally, right?