I have just discovered agile and are amazed at the apparent quality and 'bang for buck they offer. Is there any company out there who can beat them? I am looking for an LP knock off and like classic rock with a bit of new stuff like the white stripes in there as well(yes i know jack plays with an old sound) I've heard these are comparable to an epiphone Les Paul Standard. Is that true?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by dantiberian
I have just discovered agile and are amazed at the apparent quality and 'bang for buck they offer. Is there any company out there who can beat them? I am looking for an LP knock off and like classic rock with a bit of new stuff like the white stripes in there as well(yes i know jack plays with an old sound) I've heard these are comparable to an epiphone Les Paul Standard. Is that true?

From what I've heard around here, people really are liking those Agiles. I see them recomended in about every LP thread lately.
Quote by dantiberian

I read a number of reviews on the Epi LP's and was sold on an Epi without having even played one. I went to a local store and thought it sounded great and looked for a bargain on ebay. After reading enough of these threads and reviews elsewhere, I saw a number of people saying that Agile was even better. Having never even touched or heard one, I bought an AL3000 off ebay with '57 PAF classic pickups. I've got a crap amp and I can get great sustain and I don't think I could tell the difference between an actual LP and my Agile.

I don't know what your price range is for buying one, but they listed some floor models of the AL3500, which are even nicer. There are 2 or 3 of them listed on ebay now. I think you'll be very impressed with them.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
I had my al3000p for over a year and it just gets better. It's broke in very well. I have emg 81/60 pups and an exg in it.

It's my rocking guitar.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
You might want to know before buying one-

AL3000's don't have maple tops, they only have maple veneers.
AL3500's do, though.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I think that the 3500 is probably worthwhile getting for the extra cash if you like that brightness added by the maple top. It will most closely resemble the sound of a real Gibson, even moreso than an Epiphone.

I've had my AL-3000 (all mahogany, no veneer) for about 2 years now, and it's still my most used guitar. I specifically chose the all mahogany version because all my other guitars at the time were mahogany / maple mixes, and I wanted a slightly different tone. And it turns out to be my favorite guitar. I've still to play an Epiphone that can touch it, save for an Elitist, which I would say (quality-wise) it matched up to easily.

So if you want a serious guitar, get at least a 3000 model. The 2000 and 2500 models are great guitars for the price, but they're starter instruments, so you can only expect so much from them, even with a full complement of upgrades.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I've heard that ''Stellar Les Pauls'' are comparable to Agile's high-end guitars.
Stellars are only $199 on eBay.
never played one though...
Quote by rafarquhar

AL3500's do, though.

Mine don't have maple top nor veneer. It's the black model and it's all mahogany.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by rafarquhar

AL3500's do, though.

What is the difference in sound from maple veneers to maple tops? I was going to go for the AL-3000 thin neck because i have smaller hands. Is this a good idea?
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by dantiberian
What is the difference in sound from maple veneers to maple tops? I was going to go for the AL-3000 thin neck because i have smaller hands. Is this a good idea?

It's all a matter of preference, really.