Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, im looking for someone to fund the building of another valve junior head, ill buy all the parts and build it for ya, including custom tolex and piping (you decide the colors) and the bitmo tone mod,this is my head i did for myself and it turned out great so im just looking to do another for experience basically. Im just looking for a deposit down on um (at least $50) then the rest to be paid when its done. It will cost 175 for everything, so if anyones interested please just post and i can get started as soon as i get money from you,ask any and all questions as well thanks, o ya and im an established member over at the MX tabs forum and posted the progress of it with a successful thread of 35+ pages

(with mod and custom nameplate, below are pix before the mod)

Last edited by Used666 at Sep 21, 2006,
How many of these have you made?

And possibilities of adding equalizers?
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
That was my first and the tone knob is a psuedo equalizer that boosts and cuts the way a guitar tone would but more present and noticable, like i said im looking to gain more experience by doing more
theres no tone knob on there. I'd rather have an EQ myself.. i've never even heard this amp before. got some sound clips?
Guitars
Fender Telecaster 72 deluxe reissue
BCRich Neckthru mockingbird w/ floyd
Franken Strat, that i built
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Mapex Pro M classic Sabian AA/Paiste 2002 cymbals Iron Cobra
Did you rip off the old tolex or put the purple on top?
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
He ripped it off.
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
^IM SIGGED!!
my life is complete.
this is getting mroe intrueging by the minute. I need a practice amp for next to my computer. but i'll need a cab to go with it. I'd be looking for something like a celestion 10" speaker to go with it, maybe even make it a combo. what kind of price would i be looking at?
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Quote by AcDc_1337
this is getting mroe intrueging by the minute. I need a practice amp for next to my computer. but i'll need a cab to go with it. I'd be looking for something like a celestion 10" speaker to go with it, maybe even make it a combo. what kind of price would i be looking at?

For $350 (a bit pricey but ill explain) i can do a custom head for you along with a matching 1x12 cab like mine, and ill load it with a celestion vintage 30 or a celestion g12h30, and trust me that would be an amazing practice setup, i love mine, if you want just the head its 175/ head and 1x12 cab 350/valve junior combo with custom tolex will be like 200 but i highly advise against getting the combo as the head has a few more features such as being able to use the head with a different cab/and the cab with a different head if needed in the future
its just going to be a practice amp. I have a crate v series 50 watts all tube with 2 12's thats my main amp. and my friend uses it, as i play drums. so combo would be nice. and i think it'll be cheaper. in my opinion atleast. less wood, less space, less tolex, less metal edges.

and now i just found the real epiphone valve junior head for 100 bucks. and then one with probably a crappy 8" speaker for 120. so i think your prices may be a little much..
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Last edited by AcDc_1337 at Sep 21, 2006,
Quote by AcDc_1337
its just going to be a practice amp. I have a crate v series 50 watts all tube with 2 12's thats my main amp. and my friend uses it, as i play drums. so combo would be nice. and i think it'll be cheaper. in my opinion atleast. less wood, less space, less tolex, less metal edges.

and now i just found the real epiphone valve junior head for 100 bucks. and then one with probably a crappy 8" speaker for 120. so i think your prices may be a little much..

Ya man im not advertising just selling those, im modding them with a full re-tolex (quite a lot of work), re piping the face plate, adding the bitmo tone mod, and with the head + cab, the cab is quite expensive + the expensive celestion speaker,a lot of work involved in doing that all and im not adding any upcharge, just the cost of parts/materials as i basically want to build a modding portfolio of sorts
Last edited by Used666 at Sep 21, 2006,
yeah i see what you mean. i just thought about buying a regular one. Could you make a combo for me though? cause thats what i really want.
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
yeah. thats what i said i wanted in the first place. then you said you would do the head and cab and stuff that i dont even want. I still want the celestion vintage 30 though. how much will you want?
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
I cant put the vintage 30 in the combo though, the speaker sizes arent the same, the only way to get a vintage 30 is in head/cab form
well, what celestion can you put in it.. cause i dont think the epiphone 8 inch crap is gonna be anything i want to listen to :|
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
^Yes, it's an all tube amp.

Used, you can just connect everything together inside one box, you don't have to stick with the combo. I would suggest getting the head, sticking it in the same box as the speaker, and calling it a combo.
Yes if you want a head/cab combo then it will come with a celestion speaker, a vintage 30 or a g12h30
how much would it be with the super 8 combo?
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
You should consider adding a standy switch and a lightbulb attenuator. That would really sell. I'd consider buying one from ya - And I already have one. Haha.

Jauntao - They're not just surprisingly loud. They're beyond bedroom playing level, haha, honestly. But I love em. Great tone at a cheap price.
Ya eventually ill look into more mods, im just starting out small with offering tolex options and a simple mod switch, as soon as i gain some credibility through those ill move on to modifying the circuitry and other stuff
hm, that sounds like a good price. for the combo. it'll take me a couple weeks to get all that money, how bout i put some down on it this thursday? then you can get started, and i can pay you more every thursday.
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Quote by AcDc_1337
hm, that sounds like a good price. for the combo. it'll take me a couple weeks to get all that money, how bout i put some down on it this thursday? then you can get started, and i can pay you more every thursday.

Sounds great to me, you can email me at Zeno316@hotmail.com and we can converse that way, typically i respond very quickly
yea...im really thinking about getting one...but i guess i still have some questions, like where are u based? nd how loud is beyond bedroom playing? nd like the other guy said the standby switch would be really cool nd id like to have it on the one im buying than lets say buy one now nd buy another one later?
Im in Ny, its really really quite loud, much more louder then people think, i dont really know what to compare it to though, ya i could deffinitely try the standby switch, doesnt seem like it would be too hard, my cousin is a graduate in electronics and he'll be helping me on that though, and ya buying more then one is fine with me
Page 1 of 2