The title says it all, I want some kind of american strat, and i wonder which one is the best for blues?
I wouldn't think it would make much difference. With the Strats that have three single coils, you can achieve the same basic tone with any of them. The Fat Strats have humbuckers, that is the only real difference. You should be okay with just about any of them.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
The standard will do you just fine.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
see if you like any of the signature strats, the SRV strat sounds a bit edgier in my opinion if you want edgy and i hear the Eric Johnson one has some nice custom construction features. of course you can't really go wrong with the american standard. and also consider switching the pickups, or having a phase switch installed.
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

Any SSS Strat you choose.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I disagree with the above sentiments that say "any Strat." I own a 2001 American Standard. The stock pickups have no character. There's a reason that every Texas blues player gets their pickups rewound. Unless you like the SRV Strat or some other Strat with "overwound" pickups, just get whatever one is the most comfortable for you, then contemplate custom pickups - I'd recommend a set of custom wound, but if you can't, then powerful true single coils will be the best. That will truly get you the best Strat for blues.

Also, don't overlook Telecasters. I think the bridge/neck combo is better than any pickup combination on a Strat. They also seem to have more character straight out of the box.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Sep 21, 2006,
American with a pup change to something more bluesy
a Signature (Rory Gallagher (if you have that much money) SRV Eric johnson ect)
a 60s or 50s strat
or a gibson hollow body or les paul, though if you're set on a strat go with one of the above
Quote by bananaguitar
ok, what pups du you reccomend then?

Well, try the SRV Strat. See if you like it. The primary difference is that the neck on the SRV is probably the thickest that Fender offers. It's also asymmetrical. If you like the tone but not the neck, get a set of Fender Texas Specials. I'm not really well-versed on European pickup manufacturers, though, so I can't really give you precise recommendations.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Punk_Ninja
American with a pup change to something more bluesy
a Signature (Rory Gallagher (if you have that much money) SRV Eric johnson ect)
a 60s or 50s strat
or a gibson hollow body or les paul, though if you're set on a strat go with one of the above

where can i ger the rory gallagher ones? they are not on fender's website
As far as I know, the Rory Gallagher was a limited edition and cost like $5,000.
Hi, I'm Peter
Yeah the rory gallagher ones are really expensive, about £2000-£3000 i know a lot of Rory Gallaghers friends/old band members so i could probably get one for slightly cheaper (my dad was his driver) but dont get one unless you have a hella lot of money, oh and they are being mass produced now
OK, thats WAY outta my league, if i had that kind of money I would've bought a better guitar... NOW!
Fender, but i would just do what he did, he just had a fender american strat but customised ot over the years with new stuff, It'd cost a pretty penny to do everything he did but not as much as buying one of the fender tribute guitars, there's a book with all the customisations rory gallagher did, you could buy that
yo just get any strat with good construction, woods, and a neck that fits you perfectly (could be a mim or squier for all the difference it makes), and get a set of bareknuckles in it.

edit: ok i came off too much like a paid advertiser, so i took down the link. but bare knuckles are great pickups, and will do far more for your sound than any headstock decal.
Last edited by lightbulbs on?! at Sep 21, 2006,
Quote by lightbulbs on?!
yo just get any strat with good construction, woods, and a neck that fits you perfectly (could be a mim or squier for all the difference it makes), and get a set of bareknuckles in it. bareknucklepickups.co.uk

That is good advice but i suggest not to follow it, bareknucle are good too but i think a set of vintage pickups would be better

and an american fender is well built with good woods and a good neck, but the pickups are all up to you bananaguitar
Jag tycker en USA Strata kan avr aen bra idé, men byt micakr. Jag tror på Bareknuckle Irish Tours: www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk, för du kommer att ha ett helvete att hitta några vintagemikar här i Sverige. Vad kör du för stärkare?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Jag tycker en USA Strata kan avr aen bra idé, men byt micakr. Jag tror på Bareknuckle Irish Tours: www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk, för du kommer att ha ett helvete att hitta några vintagemikar här i Sverige. Vad kör du för stärkare?

*Reported*

I'll have none of your indecency, sir!
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
*Reported*

I'll have none of your indecency, sir!

Sorry, the guy was from Sweden so i gave a reccomendation in Swedish!

Bassicly i said that a USA Strat with BK's is his best bet, since vinmateg pickups are close to impossibloe to find here!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
here are some words: House-hus, dog-hund, car-bil, guitar-gitarr, amplifier-förstärkare and
doctor's dissertation-gradualavhandling, good luck!!