Hey all

I wondering if there is a guitar tuner that will tune ones guitar to whatever they wanted for example, tune down 1/2 step or one whole step down.

I was also looking to upgrade the pickups on my guitar, I have a Squier Stratocaster with 2 single-coil pickups and 1 humbucking pickup. I'm not sure what kind of pickups to get so can someone please suggest to me some good pickups to buy. I play more of the heavy metal stuff. Thanks.
umm a chromatic tuner will tune to any note ya want. What sort of wood is your guitar made out of, if its **** wood theres little you can do to it soundwise..
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
You can get chromatic tuners, which will do the job. you can also buy automatic retunes i think, where you say which note you want to tune to and it'll turn the knob itsself to that note.

not sure though. ill have a look around.
Been away, am back
i'd still say keep the tuner as a backup, try and get a chromatic with a metronome built in, kills to birds with one stone... well i play mainly drums these days so i guess i'm a bit biased. With guitar though its always good to be able to get the tuning close by ear and use the tuner to check after.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Quote by Logz
You can get chromatic tuners, which will do the job. you can also buy automatic retunes i think, where you say which note you want to tune to and it'll turn the knob itsself to that note.

not sure though. ill have a look around.

Yeah, I saw a site advertising one of those once.

It was ±0.2% accurate

and cost £1000+

EDIT: this isn't what I saw before, but it looks interesting:

http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/17/string-master-automatic-guitar-tuner-keeps-your-strings-tight/
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Last edited by frenchyfungus at Sep 21, 2006,
yea lol that was what i was talkin bout, i only saw it for like 30 seconds so i dont know if it does what i said it did.
Been away, am back
hey
you can get standard tuners to tune half step down etc
you put a capo on first fret then tune as normal, take the capo off and your tuned half a step down

to get a whole step down, just put the capo on the 2nd fret

hope this helps
i have a BOSS TU-15 which will function as a chromatic tuner , but will also do flat tunings and open tunings that are programed into the tuner. i play in standard tuning 99% of the time , but it's cool to have those options if you're doing a show and need to change tunings quickly.

i would change out your humbucker and see if you really like the sound of your guitar before i put alot of money into it. it might be better to have another guitar and use the Squire as a backup. like everything , just depends on your money situation.