As the title suggests, i want to know what you guys think about the "Squier Deluxe Series Satin Trans Fat Strat". It's one of the more expensive ones in the Squier range, and it has received some great reviews as well.

It's made out of Mahogany, Duncan Designed Humbucker, Alnico Single coils, and the great thing is, i can get it at a very reasonable price ($432 AUD, 3-4 days shipping) according to my local music store.

Some pics!
I finally got my gear!

Squier Deluxe Series Satin Trans Double Fat Strat
Roland Cube 15
Last edited by [Guitar-Noob] at Sep 21, 2006,
I'd say get it,but wait till the pros come.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Well, i am beginning electric and i thought, for the reasonable price that i can get it for as well as the decent features it has, i'm thinking that this is a great deal
I finally got my gear!

Roland Cube 15
I didnt know squier made guitars that good, usually they are reasonable but the wood lets it down, whereas this should be good, get it (unless obviously you can get a better one for the same price)
Well, that's my point, i can't really find another guitar that is in my price range that is this versatile that can beat it! I mean, for a beginners guitar i think that this is well worth the money as it can last me quite a while! i have been looking for a HSS setup and this is the best one i can find! (for the features and price)

I just would like to see others opinion on this axe
I finally got my gear!

Roland Cube 15
Last edited by [Guitar-Noob] at Sep 21, 2006,
Cheapest Fender's in Australia are like 900 AUD, cheapest I've seen is lik 700 but that was like clearing the stock
Yeh, well hes right about that, also, since some high end squiers play like low end fenders, i'd rather start off with a high end squier that will last me quite some time
I finally got my gear!

Roland Cube 15
Yeh, i probably will, at this rate it's about 80-90 percent i want to get it, any more feedback peoples?
I finally got my gear!

Roland Cube 15
is it jap?
if it is get it,

infact get it anyway its beautiful
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Nah, i think it's indonesian made, but still, you gotta admit that it's very well made
I finally got my gear!

Roland Cube 15
My Indonesian made Squier Affinity Strat is the best I have played for the price I payed (£120). It really does look a beautiful guitar for the money, and a duncan designed humbucker sorta tops it off.

I bet if Fender made this the same with fender on the headstock it'd be worth £500...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
In the U.S. you could get that for around $250, and it seems like a lot of guitar for the price. If you get one that quality control hasn't passed thru uninspected, I think you'll have a pretty good instrument. You may want to have a luthier give it a good set-up, adjustments, etc. to your liking. I'm one of those who think that Squiers get an undeserved bad rap.
Who or what is Luthier?
I finally got my gear!

Roland Cube 15
A luthier is the expert on setting up and adjusting your instrument. Find a good one close to you, not just some guitar store flunkie string-changer. Some stores have excellent luthiers on hand. Ask around.