hi i have been told that the boss 7 band eq was really good, but i want to get a randy roahdes tone is can this pedal get this tone? my other gear is a
'73 les paul and a marshall dsl, a stereo chorus and an overdrive distortion pedal?

so is the boss EQ any good?
I prefer the MXR 10-band EQ. There's a good chance it's more expensive, I'm not completely sure on prices.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
kind of a dumb question... will an equalizer enhance your tone quality? or rather help your find a better tone from what you already have?
Yeah, I'd say both. They make much more of a difference than you'd think it would.

That was a terribly constructed sentence.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
Quote by bradbradbrad
Yeah, I'd say both. They make much more of a difference than you'd think it would.

That was a terribly constructed sentence.

I should probably invest in one in the near future... after two years i finally found MY tone on my amp... for awhile i had an obsession with high midrange.. I finally realized thats what was making my notes sound kinda bled together if you know what I mean.. so i kicked it down to 4.

so i hope if i got an EQ lets hope i get and even richer tone out of it.
I've got a 31 band eq, originally bought to remove feedback and amp noise but it's set up in just a way now that I have the exact tone i'm after. Every note is now clear as crystal
Put it this way, without EQ my amp just cant do metal too great. With the EQ, it completely comes alive when playing metal.
[Ibanez SZ320MH
BOSS SD-1, BOSS CE-5, BOSS CS-3, Crybaby Wah
Laney LC30

Quote by WantToLearn
i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water
Quote by The_0thersid3
^^31 band!? wow thats pretty cool what make of EQ is that

It's the Behringer one in my sig.

It took ages to set up. I'd tweak it, then leave it and come back to it to make sure I was listening with fresh ears, and 31 bands takes sometime!

It looks pretty neat on stage too, as every band has it's own LED
What ever happened to that Plexi you were getting?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30