Started this one yesterday, didn't get around to finishing until tonight. I experimented with bass drum mixing on this one, so that it doesn't get so drowned out by the rest of the mix. Also, I played everything except for drums, which were programmed in. Solo was a little rushed, but it gets the idea across that I'll finish some time soon. Had to use the epi rather than the ESP cos of the tuning I've just noticed the difference in tone after going back to my old axe.

Hated Blind - http://juzcook.dmusic.com (Near the bottom)

Also add my personal myspace if you like my stuff - www.myspace.com/juzcook

Mainly interested in the mix, so crit that if you could, thanks in advance!
Post comments on any of my tracks on dmusic if you have the time
Crit for crit of the same quality, but I'll be away overseas for 2 weeks on Saturday

EDIT: I'm an idiot, forgot the name of my own song, haha
Last edited by juzcook at Sep 21, 2006,
Mix sounds good. I can hear each instrument well. Overall good metal sound.
How to you program the drums so good? My drum parts are always simple and boring when I program them.
Quote by Wolfhound
Mix sounds good. I can hear each instrument well. Overall good metal sound.
How to you program the drums so good? My drum parts are always simple and boring when I program them.

ive had some experience on drums, and every night i spend an hour in bed listening to music and doing nothing else, so im focusing on what im lsitening to, so i cpick up on a lot of small things in the songs i guess. but it takes practice and patience, when i record i always ehar a drum beat in my head that would fit well... hope that helps you out
Practice & patience, my usual downfall.
Since there is no magic formula, I will do as you say and focus on the music that I listen to, and see what I can learn for my own music.