I'm getting an ibanez S470DXQM (in charcoal brown) and i hear the stock pups suck, so i thought i should get some BKs, but, which ones?
I've decided either

Nailbomb
Cold Sweat
Warpig

and for singles, irish tour middle pup

but i dont know what i should have at the bridge and at the neck, i though originally a nailbomb in bridge and a warpig in neck but i play a lot of the stuff that the cold sweat is made for also

any suggestions?
hehe, I play everything, versatility is what i probably need but i dont play too much cleans, I'm mainly metal (Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer) but i play a lot of classic rock and blues too (Thin Lizzy, Ted Nugent, Rory Gallagher, Hendrix, BB King)

but versatility is the main aspect, though i still want pickups that when they are on full gain sound heavy
you should join into the BKP forums, there's the experts!

if u're not gonna play much cleans then I'd probably suggest Miracle Men!
but when you're asking for versality, then its the Nailbombs ftw
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

i own the nailbomb set and they are awesome for everything! for added versatility you could coil tap them like i did (i even added the possibility for series and parallel)

you could always phone the guy who owns the company, apparently he's a really nice guy and happy to talk for hours about ure rig and make a reccomendation lol
Quote by Punk_Ninja
so miracle man neck and nailbomb bridge
I'm looking for combinations that'll get ame a great sound for metal, shred, blues and a bit of punk

There's probably something better for that in the neck than the MM. The Nailbomb should handle Punk and Metal no problem, but for blues, Shred and even some Metal soloing along with good cleans maybe look at something like a Cold Sweat. A Mule would be good for blues but probably wouldntbe great for the rest of the stuff you play
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
id probably go for a warpig in the neck and a vh 2 in the birdge
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
the warpig will give you a great rock.metal tone for rythm playing in the neck but wont isolate your cleans, and while the cold sweat is a great pickup, i would suggest checking out the bridge vh2 in some soundclips on the bareknuckle forums

http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4727

and

http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4646

5th post down

i belive both these are played in conjuncture with the irish tour which you said you wanted aswell

and just for a laugh .... vh2 does the power rangers theme tune http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2557
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Sep 23, 2006,
When I ordered my Warpigs I decided to get ceramic magnets and, before installing them, I was a little worried about they might be too gainy. But I tells ya, there's no tone I can't nail with these pickups. They're just so full of life and energy, such an upgrade from my stock Gibby pups.

Definitely reccomended for the tones you're looking to achieve.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112