i just jus a whammy bar for the strat but the whole like tremelo system wont move the bar will move just when i use it the whole thing doesnt move
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by srvman
i just jus a whammy bar for the strat but the whole like tremelo system wont move the bar will move just when i use it the whole thing doesnt move

Could you plz kindly rephrase that, and if possible, add some commas "," or stop "." so that i could understand you better.

thx

(or maybe im the only one...... )
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
tight springs? what type of strat?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
american strat, what you mean by springs the ones on the front or the back

there are 5 that i can see on the back

and to madpix im sorry but im soo frustrated ill fix it later when it works ive waited 2 weeks for a whammy bar and now it seems it wont even work
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.

wow 5 trem springs, like in this pic, will give u a really tight bridge.
if u mean that when u push u arent noting a pitch change, then u can loosen the 2 screws in there a little. or remove a spring.

note that ur going to want to take it a little easy loosening. too loose and the bridge lifts a little and its hard to keep it in tune. so find a happy medium for u.

also, strat trems only change pitch, its not like a floyd where ull dive bomb and such.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

im a blues man , i dont really want to dive bomb
yeh so its like the bit at the fron wont move at all so should i take a spring out the back first?
im using 5 screws too with 11-52s and its perfectly fine. my strat changes pitch really easily so maybe thats not the problem

EDIT : springs not screws.
Quote by suckasucks
im using 5 screws too with 11-52s and its perfectly fine. my strat changes pitch really easily so maybe thats not the problem

Since you have 11s, then you need those springs to counteract the tension of the strings. If its 9s, 8s and sometimes 10s, then 5 springs are just too much and the trem will become too stiff. But technically the tuning will be more stable, like jen said .
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
is it ok for me just to pull out the middle one here is a picture of it

i just bought it so that might explain why there are pussy .9s or .10s i just havent changed them yet
Quote by srvman
american strat, what you mean by springs the ones on the front or the back

Springs on the front? What?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
pussy 9s....

And tips on removing the spring, dont just pull it off if its stiff coz it might harm your trem block. Put some muscle into it, pull it a bit to the right so that it'd become loose then only you take it off.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
my fingers are too fat to get into it, can i use a knife to wedge the top of the spring off?
Small nose pliers plz, dont want to be missing a fretting hand or a picking hand before christmas.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
detune your strings right down so they start flapping or unscrew those 2 screws a bit to loosen the tension... either that, or wait till you change strings. I personally only think you'll need 3.
so wuold i remove 2nd and 4th?
the number you need depends on the gauge strings you use.

and 9's aren't pussy. i swear by them.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by srvman
so wuold i remove 2nd and 4th?

Yeah

Loosening the 2 claw spring would work but not detuning the strings. This aint a floyd rose style trem.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i detuned it before i actually found out there was a method the way it is now ok?
detune, pull up on the trem , this will compress the springs and they will come off a little easier.

i would take off one in the middle first and if i needed more then i would loosen the 2 screws a little.

if it wasnt enough, then i would put the middle one back on and remove 2 and 4. again working with the screws,

you want the bridge pretty level. its something to work on. it wont take just 5 mins.

edit: LAf or just do that. ok work wt the screws until u can live with its tunability and its movement.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
detune, pull up on the trem , this will compress the springs and they will come off a little easier.

i would take off one in the middle first and if i needed more then i would loosen the 2 screws a little.

if it wasnt enough, then i would put the middle one back on and remove 2 and 4. again working with the screws,

you want the bridge pretty level. its something to work on. it wont take just 5 mins.

edit: LAf or just do that. ok work wt the screws until u can live with its tunability and its movement.

too late

TS, very fast pics btw.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
is the little spring in place that drops into the hole that you screw the bar into?
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
thanks guys it seems to work i think

im just so desperate for it to work
If you find that you really like to dive but the tuning keeps bitchin, then get some locking tuners (if its not installed yet).
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
no
and what does TS mean?
Last edited by srvman at Sep 21, 2006,
oh
thanks

seriously thank you this has made my day, hope you all have a cracking day!
oh i noticed in black marker it said 10 on the back? what does that mean, recommended sting gauge?
Means nothing i guess, probably just some factory routine or from ur local shop. No such thing as recommended gauge, you go with whichever u like.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
k cheers