Page 1 of 2
hey folks i was just wondering ...why do a lotta ppl hate hoobastank ...im not questioning anyones tastes ....just wanna know everyones views on why they find them not talented...cuz personally i love their lyrics and music a lot
cause they stank! *rim shot* haha... i'm sure thats been said a million time hasn't it?
maybe because they are generic? some songs are ok, but there's nothing inherently special about that band.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
okay i've never liked them.....i dunno why....they don't suck......because look where they are at....compared to myself......ummmm....yea.....they just aren't...my style...and i believe other people think they just suck.......
That is not what i was trying to say!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
When people heard "the reason" they wanted to hear more of Hoobastank....then they found out that not every song on the album was like "the reason", so they got pissed.
hmmm....thank you for the views guys ....i agree to some points ....specially the one regardin Brandon Boyd....ive heard that doug robb and dan estrin used to work as roadies for Incubus b4 'hoobastank'...maybe thts one of the reasons ...
the singer is pretty dreadful.

they're so boring and unimaginative.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
I call them Überwank 'cause I'm witty like that.

I haven't liked any of the songs I've heard and 'The Reason' was played a lot a while back which probably annoyed people; it annoyed me.
« »
and the reason is... the reason! (im so witty sometimes )
damn that is a lame ass song, right from the one note piano "intro" through the sappy singing and horrible chorus, until the end which cant come quick enough

if youve every been stuck on a bus with middle school prosti-tots siging along with that song on the radio (while in 12th grade) you would want to dismember a small furry animal as well. or just dislike the band, i guess
They write ****ty pop tunes that don't break any musical barriers creativity wise.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
"The reason" only offered a soft numbing sensation when you listened to it, kind of like pain killers. ands thats not musically creative at all, people don't want a numbing sensation when they listen to pop rock whether you think its good or not. If they wanted to feel a drone sensation, they'd listen to Sunn 0)))

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
The singer is awful live.
They basically got lucky with one song.
I like some of their songs though.

Alot of people hate them because their song the reason was played too much.
Kind of like people hate bad day by daniel powter.
Except daniel powter can actually sing.

Daniel Powter> Hoobastank.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Because they just write dreadfully horrible music. Give me four hours in my room with a notebook, a pen, and a guitar, and I'll write the next ultra smash-hit pop rock album with barely any effort. That's what Hoobastank has done. I just know that if I got famous that way, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Their music is whiny, irritating, unoriginal, uncreative, totally lacking in any sort of technical skill, and it doesn't even SOUND good!

The same things are true for Story Of the Year. GOD I HATE Story of the Year!

And Hoobastank..

Bands like that are a dime a million. They go straight from conception to MTV. The corporations BOUGHT "alternative" and effectively killed it, it's been that way since Cobain died.

Okay, I'm done now.
Um...do you know how long Hoobastank had been a band before The Reason started getting any airplay?

Thousands of bands that sound like Story of the Year and the like are absolutely nowhere and will never get any bit of fame.

Likewise, as much as you'd like to think so, you can't declare yourself able to write a hit-song just like that. Hell, even if it's the catchiest song out there, it still doesn't mean you're going to get anywhere with it.
Exactly ^

Writing a hit song is actually quite hard if you think about it. Sure every pop song has the same verse chorus verse chorus structure and might not be diificult to play but I personally think that writing a super catchy hook or chorus that will appeal to everyone who listens to the radio is as just as difficult as writing/playing a solo.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by Benjammin610
When people heard "the reason" they wanted to hear more of Hoobastank....then they found out that not every song on the album was like "the reason", so they got pissed.

WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I wonder how many people actually listen to their albums instead of slamming them for "The Reason"

They do have some good tunes.
i guess this is a legitimate reason to dislike their music: basically they remind me of incubus except i feel they do nothing better than incubus. thus, if i was ever in the mood for that type of music, i'd listen to incubus. in a way it's why i don't really listen to SRV...he's amazing, but i always feel that if i want to listen to him, i'd rather listen to hendrix, so i do.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by sirpsycho85
i guess this is a legitimate reason to dislike their music: basically they remind me of incubus except i feel they do nothing better than incubus. thus, if i was ever in the mood for that type of music, i'd listen to incubus. in a way it's why i don't really listen to SRV...he's amazing, but i always feel that if i want to listen to him, i'd rather listen to hendrix, so i do.

In what way to they sound like Incubus??? I can't make a single connection.

I don't like Hoobastank because they are very generic. They don't really have an original tone, an amazing tone, and the lyrics arn't great. "Crawling in the Dark" is an awsome song though.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
They've just never really done it for me. I'll listen to a few of their songs, sure, but I'm not a big fan of Hoobastank.

Plus, I don't really like their vocals honestly. That's just my opinion.
quite frankly i think they're one of the worst bands to get big exposure that i can remember. 'the reason' is definitely one of the worst songs i've ever heard in my life, the vocals are a disgrace to mankind, and the lyrics could of been written by a computer program set on 'teenage angst' or any 8 year old kid. Whenever i saw the lead singer whingeing about his problems in that terrible voice i just felt like kicking his face in.

Just personal opinion obviously, but i hate this band with a passion.
i dreamed i saw st. augustine
alive with fiery breath
and i dreamed i was amongst the ones
that put him out to death.
*the reason*, huh?
i like that song but, ehmmm....what the hell is so special about it?
I hate that one!
i say they other songs rock.
'escape' is s good song. in fact, i think its their 2nd best one
(cuzz the 1st favorite one would be 'open your eyes)
well i don't really like their lyrics, it's the music that i like
For those who are interested in making a guitar out of cigar boxes:
Cigar Box Guitars (aka CBG)
they also show you how to make pickups, bottleneck slides and cigar box AMPs

-----------AAAA!!!---------
Anyways, I'm probably in the minority here, but the only Hoobastank song I actually enjoy listening to is the Reason. Everything else is a generic midtempo rocker, while this one is, more refreshingly, a generic midtempo ballad.

Plus I thought it was catchy for the first several times I heard it...

I remember the first time I saw it on VH1. I was like "Wtf? Hoobastank getting tv exposure? Weird."
Last edited by yawn at Sep 25, 2006,
i really like Hoobastank, i love crawling in the dark, that song is awesome. i remember listening to the reason before it was blasted on every radio station in the states 10 times every hour, and i remember thinkin, this song is catchy and it is gonna turn alot of people off when it gets popular, and i was right.
maybe because they look like a "boy band" like backstreet boys, nsync and the like....hehehe..
I'm not even gonna read the posts but

HoobaStank

/thread
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
because they are STANKy
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
I listened to a few songs and they sounded very bland. Plus, I havent heard anything out of them recently, so I have a feeling they were just a one hit wonder.

then again, I dont pay much attention to bands like hoobastank.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
They're just not very original and don't bring anything to music that other bands haven't done many times before. However, they are easily 'digested' by the mainstream audiance, so...
I agree with most of the people here. They are bland and have nothing different to offer the world of music. They have a song on the Scorpion King soundtrack which is ok. I'm sorry, but I couldn't get over The Reason when it came out. Up until Through Glass by Stone Sour came out, The Reason was the most annoying song on radio.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Hanson are musical legends.

You watch your god damn mouth when talking about them.

Quote by TheQuailman

I mean, look at me. Can't even get an erection unless I strangle a goat.

It's Time To Be Immortal Cause Heros Never Die!
because everyone judges them on one song... the reason

which happens to be their worst song ever
"For Us, For Them, For You"
^^ not true I just hate his voice and their style
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Because Same Direction is one of the most annoying songs EVER MADE.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I really like a lot of their stuff. I can't stand "the reason," though. It's just some good rock. I don't think they're too much like Incubus as in like bad copies of them, but I would put them in the same genre probably.Granted, I'm a huge Incubus fan, so nothing compares to them :P, "Running Away" is a really good song too, I think. I won't hate a band just for being a little "generic"
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
It is spelled noobastank.
ah . . . forget about me, im just playing around

People tend to bash down pop bands and metal [or whatever pop punk or some other power chords stuff]
Quote by Deliriumbassist
When they first came out, the singer was trying too hard to be Brandon Boyd... and because Brandon Boyd is the coolest person EVER, that pissed me off

Okay their singer tries to be all Incubus like, which I like because I love Incubus. When I think about it though if they both sound like Incubus id rather listen to Incubus.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
wtfs a hickey?!
Page 1 of 2