Page 1 of 2
the last one started by pizzabox didn't work out so well, so i need about 3-5 judges, any number of contestants, rules:

• bt's allowed
  • any song hendrix played, even covers
  • guitar must be users work
  • vocals are allowed but not enforced
  • solos enforced , but they can be improvised
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
OMG call1800ksmyazz you have the same avatar as me. Jimi Hendrix enough said avatar represent! I'll be judge.
~~~Founder of the Hendrix Club~~~
PM me to join
Member #2 of the Cream club
AATW

just lick on ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER

its performed live, in Glasgow Scotland. We're a band of 17 year olds from ther
www.freewebs.com/silentproject
http://soulasylum.dmusic.com

My cover of Little Wing that I submitted to the other contest. If I have time before this contest ends I'll update it to a better one, since I made a few mistakes in there.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
can 2 people do the same song?

here is my recording of voodoo child, its at

http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Quote by rich2k4
can 2 people do the same song?

here is my recording of voodoo child, its at

Awesome! I am inspired to learn to play that song RIGHT now...I'm not even good, but I'll still try.
alright, anyone who wants to be a judge, judge whenever the hell you want, this contest ends on 10th of october, thats when the winner is declared
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by jameskey

Wow, very good
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Little wing.
My myspace
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
when does it end? i have some hendrix stuff recorded at my school and ill have to bring it home and put it up here.

i might do either little wing, castles made of sand, or wind cries mary.
yeah dude im gonna put up my cover of little wing. its not that great and theirs no vocals, so theres kind of a boring part but the solos i feel are pretty good, and theres even a FADE OUT!!! cool right?

just go to Little Wing

and then find little wing on it and click to listen!! please, tell me how it is, and then give me the gold metal for winning!!!

booyah.

keep in mind i've only been playing for 3 years, so not too harsh if ya didnt like it.
good stuff man, i liked the fast licks during the fade out ^^
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Ive taken the liberty of judging as many as i could so here you go:

Jameskey - Purple Haze
9\10 - Nice vocals and playing but the tone needed some work, liked the wah on solo

Seymourdimazio - Purple Haze
9\10 - Playing was great and nice tone but the vocals were too quite and some parts were alittle off

call1900ksmyazz - Voodoo Child
6\10 - Playing was good especially without a backing track but there was no wah

tsp - All Along the Watchtower
8\10 - Vocals were nice but the guitar playing needed alittle work

Black Star - Little Wing
7\10 - I didnt really like the flanger but the playing was decent, you were out of tune alittle bit

Rick2k4 - Voodoo Child
10\10 - Wow the tone was perfect and the playing was great, sounded a bit like SRV

The Master Plan - Little Wing
6\10 - The playing was off a bit and there was some weird background playing but the tone was nice

itstimetorock - Little Wing
9\10 - The playing was very good and i like the solo but the tone needs alittle work
Update.

I uploaded a new version of "Little Wing" onto my myspace so check it out.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
some of you guys need to cut back on the whatever your using to correct the timing. It chops it up and hurts to listen too.
AlpineHigh, that was excellent. A very unique choice too, one of my favorite Hendrix songs. I glad someone did that because I sure can't. I very much enjoyed that, thank you.
Signatures are too mainstream
Page 1 of 2