i have an Ibanez RG4EX1 and i like the pickups that are in it but i also want to change them. So i am thinking of going with 81-85 Emgs and some sort of strat style mid pickup. i am wondering if this will work because i dont know much about pickups and but i know that emg 81's-85's are active pickups and was just wondering if this set up will work...
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Mixing actives with passives is hard as they use completely different setups.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
it is possible though. just hard.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
the mid isnt a must ave so i coud go with an active in the middle too but im not that familiar with active single coils...
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
From what I have heard emg's single coils are amazing. They definitly have way better cleans then any of the humbuckers. I say go for it.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
yea i was reading about them after i posted this earlier... and i think thats what im gonna do is just get an active single coil too...but my guitar is basswood and ive heard arguments on different woods for emgs and i was wondering about basswood? anyone know anything?
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484