Are you supposed to touch only that string? Like this...
e----------
b-----------
g-9p0-------
d-----------
a------------
e-----------
and your first finger is the only one on the fretboard, are you supposed to touch the B string at all when you pull off? or is it supposed to be more vertical?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
I tend to use one finger to perform the pull off with (which finger depends on what position I am in) and try to use the others to mute the other strings so I don't accidently sound them.
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
Are you supposed to touch only that string? Like this...
e----------
b-----------
g-9p0-------
d-----------
a------------
e-----------
and your first finger is the only one on the fretboard, are you supposed to touch the B string at all when you pull off? or is it supposed to be more vertical?

As long as the B string doesn't ring or make a sound when you do it, it doesn't matter. It might be impossible to not accidentally touch it, actually.
*picks up guitar*

I can get that to sound good just pulling straight up, since it's an open string, and you're pretty high up the fret board, it rings out well with no sideways movement.

If it was something like:

9p8

Then you could use your first finger to mute the B string and fret the 8th fret note, whilst using your middle finger to fret and pull off the higher note.

THEN you do have to do a sideways movement.

But, and it may be different on your guitar neck, on my guitar i can do 9p0 without touching the B string at all.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...