who likes them, i mean i got there new cd, are they a good black metal band cause im really new to it.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
Their old material is good Black Metal. Their new material however, is not. In any way. I personally think all their new material is bunk (cmon, KING sounds like a techno song.)

But yeah Nemesis Divinia and Shadowthrone are both great BM albums.
wtf? any band is good if you think they're good. never ask anyone to tell you what to like. personally, my opinion of Satyricon is quite meh. there's better black metal out there. check out Agalloch (not entirely black metal i'd argue, but ****ing AMAZING), Emperor, Bathory, Celtic Frost...i never got into Immortal, but people will tell you to check em out.
Last edited by Alucard II at Sep 21, 2006,
Hate em..

'Nough said.

( Btw, K.I.N.G is the worst song to be named under the genre of black metal in history, i mean.. holy ****, slipknot writes kvlter **** than that )
The Shadowthrone, Dark Medieval Times and Nemesis Divina are essential black metal albums, but the rest..meh.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
i've heard K.I.N.G. and it's pretty damn terrible to be honest, i mean as a dance song maybe it's ok-ish, but as black metal? come on!
Quote by Rock-god
Hate em..

'Nough said.

( Btw, K.I.N.G is the worst song to be named under the genre of black metal in history, i mean.. holy ****, slipknot writes kvlter **** than that )

Quote by Alucard II
wtf? any band is good if you think they're good. never ask anyone to tell you what to like. personally, my opinion of Satyricon is quite meh. there's better black metal out there. check out Agalloch (not entirely black metal i'd argue, but ****ing AMAZING), Emperor, Bathory, Celtic Frost...i never got into Immortal, but people will tell you to check em out.

don't listen to either of these guys

Quote by duncang
The Shadowthrone, Dark Medieval Times and Nemesis Divina are essential black metal albums, but the rest..meh.

i'm glad everyone on this forum aren't jackasses

by the way, threadstarter, their later stuff is terrible and not worth your money or satyr's time. get their later stuff like duncang mentioned.
Satyrcons new stuff sucks... it sounds like someone took black metal and mixed it with tecno and pop and soft-core punky-poppy-emo dumb dance crap. and any really crappy music you can think of.. in black metal you're supposed to only steal from folk and classical influences. But dark medieval times... OH MY GOD THATS A GOOD ALBULm.... i don't know how satrycon can go from such a great albulm to crappy music. As mydadisjewish sad, get the early stuff of satyrcon. Shadowthrone and Dark medieval times are the best.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
The new stuff doesn't sound THAT bad, more melodic I think. But in no way better than older material.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
depends on your definition of 'that,' which is quite the ambiguous term

if that means "really really really" (like in this particular case), then i would have to disagree with you. it is really really really bad.

really!
What's the deal with satyricon?

I read somewhere that Satyr plays guitar for them.

But he most certainly wasn't playing anything when i saw them.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by mydadisjewish
depends on your definition of 'that,' which is quite the ambiguous term

if that means "really really really" (like in this particular case), then i would have to disagree with you. it is really really really bad.

really!

IT TOTALLY SUCKS!
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Their new stuff sucks ****, but their old stuff like Nemesis Divina, The Shadowthrone, Dark Medieval Times, and The Forest Is My Throne rule and are definetly some of the best black metal albums of that decade.
alright cool, i will take this sh*t for cd back (i just listened to it the first time) and it sucks, wal-mart will take anything back as long as i trade it in so, i will get a older cd by them.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

Quote by Stolenidentity1
alright cool, i will take this sh*t for cd back (i just listened to it the first time) and it sucks, wal-mart will take anything back as long as i trade it in so, i will get a older cd by them.

ha, satyricon at wal-mart? they don't sell anything "satanic" or involved with satan there. so, good luck finding decent black-metal there.

see if they have burzum or ondskapt? maybe check k-mart. i heard target is having a special on deicide
Quote by Davidian
LOL!! mother north yes.

This is why you should not drink and ug.
If you do, it inspires you to create such threads as "The Metal Forum Presents: Beer and You".

Quote by frenchyfungus
What's the deal with satyricon?

I read somewhere that Satyr plays guitar for them.

But he most certainly wasn't playing anything when i saw them.

He writes everything and plays everything except drums (pretty much) in the studio, they just take in two guy to play for them live.
Aaaah

Thanks

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by mydadisjewish
ha, satyricon at wal-mart? they don't sell anything "satanic" or involved with satan there. so, good luck finding decent black-metal there.

see if they have burzum or ondskapt? maybe check k-mart. i heard target is having a special on deicide

yeah, they had a old looking album by saty, but i figured (tupid me) that there newer stuff would be better. I dont think wally world has burzum, ill check the local fye they have alot of different genre there, plus theres a satanic guy that works there, hes my friend whoopi, he could point me in the right direction
Quote by unfathomable_bo

Quote by Stolenidentity1
but i figured (tupid me) that there newer stuff would be better.

yes, silly you

Funny thing is, when i saw them, the only song (they played three) I remember the name of is King.

It's also the one I liked least, which is weird cos I'm not into black metal at all, so would've expected the least "black" song to be my favourite and hadn't heard of them before I saw them.

I gotta say Frost kicked ass

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I love Satyricon's older stuff, namely Dark Medieval Times. One of my all-time favorite BM albums.
Hell I even like Volcano and Now, Diabolical just because Satyr's voice. I know it's no longer black metal, but I still like [some of] it. But I just don't care for Rebel Extravaganza.

Frost is just amazing.

If you like the vocals a lot check out some Thorns. Satyr does the vocals on the majority of their songs. The rest is split with Aldrahan from Dodheimsgard.
Originally posted by Sweat&Blood
shut up reed-tard, what would disturbed be, more of a heavy metal rather than metal?