does anyone know where i can find a jackson, ibanez, charvel, BC Rich or Kramer superstrat from some time in the 80s (when BC Rich wasnt as bad as it is now )

note that i'm in england and i cant travel to far away from burton (near derby, but its in staffordshire)
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Sep 21, 2006,
Iv got an 84 BC Rich super strat. (solid black).. Great guitar, sounds and plays great.. I dunno if that helps you though.. Check the websites of the brands you mentioned and you should find something i would imagine.. Unless your looking for one that was actually built in the 80's.. That would be hard to find.. Try ebay maby?
Ebay, definitely the easiest source. Why do you think they were better?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I've heard it from loads of people, once i said to someone i know that i'm getting an S470 (ibanez) and thye told me to get a charvel from the 80s and i've heard good about kramers and BC Richs from the 80s
Well, they're not necessarily better. It's true that most guitars in the 80s were of Japanese and US assembly, but it ends there.

Charvel Model series aren't all that different from a strat as far as feel goes. The necks are rather traditional, bodies are strat-like. Same goes for pretty much most guitars of the era. If you buy one of those Charvels, BCRs, or Kramers - you'll pretty much get a strat with a humbucker and a floyd rose (not always the best kind). The superthin necks fad didn't really hit it big until the '87 release of Ibanez JEM, RG, and S (all equipped with the original Wizard - 17mm, it was a pretty outrageous design at the time).

S470 on the other hand will offer you a body that only Ibanez S series have. I can safely recommend an S5x0 series from the early 90s on that premise.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Keep an eye on ebay or any secondhand shops
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
I'm getting an S470 but just wondering cos some people recommended a super strat from the 80s over a custom shop one (from feline guitars, english custom shop i'm getting one in 1-2years)