hi what r some good tunings for rock guitar, also to tune a diffrrend tuing do i just use a normal tuner
You should try to use Drop D tuning. Turn all your strings one tone down (two frets).
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
the most common tunings in "rock guitar" would be Standard, 1/2 step down (all strings tuned down a 1/2 step) and drop D (low E tuned to a D).

There are many other tunings - open tuning etc but most of them dont apper very frequently.

you need a cromatic tuner or if you can tune by ear that will work as well.
I then meant D-Tuning. Sorry...
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Maybe you just suck at the guitar?

Quote by dudeman_andy
feed a pigeon bicarbonate of soda, let it swell up for a while. then feed it to the dogs and

BOOM head shot!

(pigeons explode after having bicarbonate of soda, they cant fart. stupid pigeons.)
well i have a tuner that can be set to chromatic so i tune it to...

D
B
G
D
A
D

by turning until i get the right note for each string on the chromatic setting
yeah, drop D changes only the low E-string to a D, no other strings change, so just drop it down a whole step.

If you tune by ear, then to do drop D just hold the 7th fret on your E-string and tune down until it sounds an A.
D Standard
that would be 1 whole step down on all strings, like:
D
A
F
C
G
D
Metallica used this tuning for some of their songs, children of bodom uses the style of tuning too..