Help me, i have a peavey xxx super 40 efx which is about a year or so old, anyway i have bean playing away today but now when i hit a string and let it ring out i hear this low pitched ringing noise like something is ratteling, so i checked to see if the speaker or anything was loose and its not? Help, could this be a sign of needing new tubes? Cause my amp kinda sounds a bit dull then what it used to, it doesnt make very good palm mutes like it did but the rest sounds good, help.
Gear

Esp Ex-400BD
Jackson ps1
Dimebag crybaby from hell
Boss NS-2
Peavey xxx super 40 efx
Symptoms of old tubes are:
-Loss of highs
-No sustain
-Generally weak tone
-Irregular power fades (with really old tubes)
-Occasional pops and bangs

If your problem has developed only recently, I think it's worth checking the tubes and maybe getting new ones.
will do, when i first got the amp i turned it on the rong way with the switches so i basiclaly never used standby so that would of weeekend the tubes, on axemusic.com what would be a good pair, i was looking at the 6l6 USA pair but there 100dollars, any suggestions
Gear

Esp Ex-400BD
Jackson ps1
Boss NS-2
Peavey xxx super 40 efx
I wouldn't buy from axemusic.com because they only have Groove Tubes.

You really don't need to get the 'USA' tubes, Chinese and Russian sound damned good.
ok i got news, i just play3ed guitar again and it was there, so i just agnored it and when i checked to see if it was there its gone, so i dont know what happend.
Gear

Esp Ex-400BD
Jackson ps1
Boss NS-2
Peavey xxx super 40 efx