Hey all,

I'm wanting a new amp. I have tried a Ashdown FA60 and it was nice but are there any other amps I should consider before going out and buying one?

I only need a combo because I need it for home use and for small gigs (about 70 peeps I'm guessing).

I'm also not 100% sure about tube amp or not so anything that would help would be appreciated. I play anything from Chilis to Tool and my budget is about £600UK.

Thanks guys and sorry for the repetition.

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
maybe a laney VC-30 212 with a boost for the tool?

EDIT: actually you could get a new marshall tube amp for that price, im guessing a tsl or something?

And tubes are good amps, they sound a lot lot better.
Marshall's are a rip off IMO, and give it a short while and the JCM 2000's will drop sharply in price the second the JCM 3000's come out. Which isn't long i might add.

Also, the Ashdowns are highly unreliable and the FA series is aimed at the nu-metal kids, the thing has basically no mids even when dimed. Check out Laney and the ENGL combo's.
I have only tried Marshall solid state and I would have no idea where to start as i have no idea when it comes to marshall. People say all kinds of things about them like i thought the MG amps were alright and then i heard all kinds of bad stuff about them.

I have been looking at Ashdown, Hughes and Kettener and for a brief period Messa Boogie, but then i remembered I am also wanting a new guitar aswell so Im not blowing all my money on an amp no matter how good it may be.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH