I suppose this is the right forum. so for an upcoming gig, my band will be going without our bassist. We'll have 2 guitarists however. Anyone know of any tips to get a more low end tone to compensate for the lack of bass?

so far im thinking obviously adjust the EQ's so theres more of a bass element, and perhaps have one of the guitarists perhaps play the rhythm line instead of doing the usual "double-lead" that we would have with the bassist. Someone else suggested running a bass cab as an extension to one of the amp heads but that doesnt really sound like a good idea

any other tips would be helpful (besides getting a replacement bassist)
YOU PRETTYMUCH COVERED ALL TEH GROUND AND IDEAS TO GETTIGN MROE LOW END. YOU CAN;T REALLY COMPENSATE FOR NO BASSIST UNLESS YOU PULL A nILE AND DROP TO a TUNING. fuking caps
Eh You could male one of your guitarists learn bass parts reallly quik. Really depends on how close it is.
Quote by Iliemyfaceoff
Eh You could male one of your guitarists
In any other context this would just come out sooo wrong.

Just goes to show that correct spellig is important!

But I wonder, how does one male someone? I know how to mail someone, but how does one male a person?
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
You could use an Octave pedal, you'd basically be doubling the bass lines with the guitar lines, but it would help.
2003 Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop (Limited Edition guitar #71 out of 250)
Marshall JCM2000 TSL-100
Marshall 1960 slant cab
Boss pedals
Crybaby wah

www.myspace.com/guitarplayinsmit
Quote by SinnaSatan
In any other context this would just come out sooo wrong.

Just goes to show that correct spellig is important!

But I wonder, how does one male someone? I know how to mail someone, but how does one male a person?

Bah damn grammar nazi.