Hey guys, i just started having this problem yesterday night, when i'd play with the distortion pedal on, i would get some static. It just did it right now again, but it went away? I can still hear it barely with the distortion on, but i cant hear it with it off. I have a blues junior amp. What do you guys think is the problem? Are my tubes going bad? I switched guitars and it still does it so i dont think its the guitar, and i also tried wiggling the cable but it doesnt do anything.
Last edited by mrfixit687 at Sep 21, 2006,
i guess it is the cable. one of my cables is damaged so i have to take a cheap one...and there are many statics if i turn on my chorus. can also be your amp,but don't think so. did you have statics before?
easy things:

is the volume on your guitar up?
is the volume on your amp up?
does your pedal have a volume control, and if so, is it up?
does your pedal need new batteries?

start with the easy before moving on to anything drastic.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
easy things:

is the volume on your guitar up?
is the volume on your amp up?
does your pedal have a volume control, and if so, is it up?
does your pedal need new batteries?

start with the easy before moving on to anything drastic.

volume on my guitar is around half, 4 or 5
volume on amp is, master: 4, volume: 5
i have a keeley modded ds-1, and the level is almost 0
pedal is plugged strait to ac adapter
usually its the guitar cable or that the guitar input is loose.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i just bought a new cable, still the same, so i turned off the distortion pedal and cranked up the amp to get distortion and the static is not there, so i guess the pedal is acting up, causing it
Feedback. If you have a Vox, then that'd also explain it. They have notorious incompatibility with distortion pedals. What kind of amp do you have, just for the record?
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
dude the volume on your guitar should defenetly be all the way up because it really limits your tone when its down.
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
Open up the back of your geetar and check if it's all tight and good in there. Switch cables, back off the gain, take pedals out of your signal chain and see if anything changes, etc.

All else fails, try a noise canceller.
no
I have a fender '69 twin reverb tube amp, and a few days back, it started making this crackily sound when i turned it on. I asked one of my teachers about it (he's pretty smart so I trust him) and he said that most tube amps make a crackling sound like that when you first turn it on because the tubes need to warm up. It could also be your input jack. If it's loose, don't attempt to tighten it without taking the screws out. That could mess your guitar up even more and disconnect the wires. If they are already disconnected, then go to a guitar shop (or if you know what you're doing) get it soldered.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by mrfixit687
i just bought a new cable, still the same, so i turned off the distortion pedal and cranked up the amp to get distortion and the static is not there, so i guess the pedal is acting up, causing it

its probably the pedal's adapter then. put in a battery, see if it still hums.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i have the same problem man and it's not the cable or the guitar because it works on other amos fine, except mine sounds crappy all the time now
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
well again. sometimes pedals cause hum. try ur setup without the Metal Master. see if it's still making noise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

It's probably the pedal or the adapter then. Try a different adapter or batteries.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!