Page 1 of 2
IMHO, Sargasm has to tolerate alot of homophobic B.S. on this site.

No one has, to my knowledge, actually attacked him for being gay, but posters (not the regulars) come in and insult other people by calling them "fag", all the time.

I've hated this kind of behavior ever since the rightwing "hardcore" dorks came in and beat up and chased off every "arty" and/or gay person, and many of the females, in the scene, in the 80s.
This is fairly well documented in the book Sister Safety Pin, BTW.

Anyway....by way of apologizing and atoning for the sins of the Punk Forum, I offer this video, as an "act of contrition".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3anR3Rq8ukg

I really think you'll dig the band Transvision Vamp, if you're not into them already.
More "new wave" than punk, but a bunch of their stuff, like the song "Revolution Baby" has a glammy, T-Rex feel to it, albeit with the lovely Wendy James singing.
She even calls herself the "Planet Queen" in the song "Trash City".(a song which sounds like early Sigue Sigue Sputnik, which can only be good)

So...I hope you enjoy them, maybe check out their early releases and will absolve the forum of its' sins.

P.S. One thing that's kinda funny is that Transvision Vamp has a skinhead playing synth in the band!
He's got the shaved head and the boots and braces.
The really funny thing is that he looks like he's a "Right Said Fred" skinhead, as in , he's too sexy for his ripped shirt.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Last edited by johnnynemo at Sep 21, 2006,
Since when was sargasm gay?

edit: if he is, then he's a dumb fag.

jk, he knows I love him. Well, I mean, if he knows who this is now that I've had my username changed.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Last edited by Slut at Sep 21, 2006,
Note: I said I was queer, not gay. Il y a un difference.

I am bisexual, and something of an aspiring drag queen. Just to clarify.

The word queer is used to encompass the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, transvestite, etc. communities. I use it because it can be difficult to give one's sexual preference a more specific label, especially when one is still not entirely sure of it.

The point still stands though. Thanks Nemo.

Also, rad video.
Last edited by sargasm at Sep 21, 2006,
Up tha fag punx!

Seriously. I think gay people should steal that word back. Make it a word of empowerment, make homophobic jock douchebags hate using it, or just make them see that it doesn't matter who people like to **** or fall in love with.

Homophobia is bull****.

I know alot of us joke about "hatin' dem queers" (it works better in real life where I say it with a southern accent), but if you really honestly hate gay folks... you're an asshole and you need to shut the **** up and learn some respect, they put up with more **** than you'll ever get for your mohawk.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I'm not going to say anything on this subject except for a comment to whyvern's post:

My comment is this, why should I respect someone for putting up with self-inflicted crap?

They choose to put up with that crap, they don't have to.

Should I also respect the pain that an emo goes through when they cut themselves? No, that would be stupid...
...what?

I don't really know what you're saying, but I'm going to assume I disagree...
Quote by TooLateForRoses
I'm not going to say anything on this subject except for a comment to whyvern's post:

My comment is this, why should I respect someone for putting up with self-inflicted crap?

Should I also respect the pain that an emo goes through when they cut themselves? No, that would be stupid...

WTF? Stupid n00b.
Quote by TooLateForRoses

Yeah because being gay is a choice...
Quote by whyvern
Yeah because being gay is a choice...

Oh, but it is. Just like being black or white, male or female, poor or rich. It's all your choice.
I'm going to assume you will as well, but I'll try to clarify. Sorry, I'm often a bit scatterbrained.

Whyverne said, more or less, that people need to respect bi's, homo's etc..., because they have to put up with so much crap. My objective viewpoint is that there is no reason for me to respect someone for dealing with crap that they practically put onto themselves.

By choosing to be bisexual, gay, whatever, you are choosing to accept that lifestyle and everything goes along with it, correct?

If you disagree with that, then something is wrong with you. Thus, from that statement, we should all be able to agree that by choosing the alternative lifestyle of your choice, you are also choosing to accept all of the crap, which is dished out alot, primarily by immature people.

So in conclusion, I think it's pretty dumb to respect someone because of the self-inflicted wounds which they deal with.

Do you respect emo's because they deal with pain frequently when they cut themselves? No. They chose to accept pain which they didn't have to accept for absolutely no reason. They're not martyrs, they're retards.
Quote by TooLateForRoses
I'm going to assume you will as well, but I'll try to clarify. Sorry, I'm often a bit scatterbrained.

Whyverne said, more or less, that people need to respect bi's, homo's etc..., because they have to put up with so much crap. My objective viewpoint is that there is no reason for me to respect someone for dealing with crap that they practically put onto themselves.

By choosing to be bisexual, gay, whatever, you are choosing to accept that lifestyle and everything goes along with it, correct?

If you disagree with that, then something is wrong with you. Thus, from that statement, we should all be able to agree that by choosing the alternative lifestyle of your choice, you are also choosing to accept all of the crap, which is dished out alot, primarily by immature people.

So in conclusion, I think it's pretty dumb to respect someone because of the self-inflicted wounds which they deal with.

Do you respect emo's because they deal with pain frequently when they cut themselves? No. They chose to accept pain which they didn't have to accept for absolutely no reason. They're not martyrs, they're retards.

The point is fags shouldnt go through being mad fun of and being beatin because there is nothing wrong with it.. geesh.

EDIT: whoa i didnt see the bottom part. your very young and foolish arent you. I listen to some emo(mostly 90's chaotic) and so do some of my friends and were the most upbeat kids youll ever meet. i think your mixing up emo with teenage depression...its alright it happens alot.
Last edited by LoudnSnotty138 at Sep 21, 2006,
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
and because emo makes you cut yourself....dip****.

Yea i think razor blades and directions come with emo Cds

hehe
its a global massacre
Alright, because of your ignorant comments, Whyvern and Neidnard(sorry for spelling), I'm going to have to object again.

We can all agree on the frequently used term, "alternative" lifestyle", correct?

Well, Princeton defines "lifestyle" as "a manner of living that reflects the person's values and attitudes"

Personal values and attitudes are all choices. You aren't born gay, you choose to be gay. Your attitudes, friends, and values all influence your lifestyle.

When a person who later becomes gay is born, they don't come out of their mommy's womb, see the male doctor, and immediately get horny. This happens later in life based upon all of their previous influences and their worldview.

You don't choose to be black or white, or male or female, though to a very small degree, you can choose to be poor or rich, but only under certain circumstances(and there is no point in debating the poor or rich in this thread, that can be used in another thread), but you do choose your lifestyle, which is the way you live.
They don't choose to put themselves through that ****. Mall punks that wear parachute pants choose to put themselves through ****. Gay people get the **** beat out of them because they're gay. That's wrong, it shouldn't happen. You should respect them in the same way you respect like Katrina vitcims or something.

Being gay isn't a choice. You don't choose to be gay. You choose how you show it, yes. But the majority of the time just being gay is reason enough for people to give you an ass woopin'.
Quote by planetary ruins
Yea i think razor blades and directions come with emo Cds

hehe

haha i forget what band did that. They did it as a joke, in one of their 7" they put razorblades.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
The point is fags shouldnt go through being mad fun of and being beatin because there is nothing wrong with it.. geesh.

EDIT: whoa i didnt see the bottom part. your very young and foolish arent you. I listen to some emo and so do some of my friends and were the most upbeat kids youll ever meet. i think your mixing up emo with teenage depression...its alright it happens alot.

Guys, I was just using an example. Also, just because you listen to some emo music, doesn't mean your emo. I, too, have some friends who listen to emo music, and they are also positive kids.

Don't get all pissed off at me because I improperly labeled something, that's not the point. We're talking about homosexuals and bisexuals, not emos. I was just using an example to get my point across.
Quote by TooLateForRoses

When a person who later becomes gay is born, they don't come out of their mommy's womb, see the male doctor, and immediately get horny. This happens later in life based upon all of their previous influences and their worldview.

I didn't come out of my mommy, see a female doctor, and get horny either. That doesn't mean anything.

And when I said poor or rich, I meant whether you were born into a poor or rich family, which you have no control over. Obviously, you can become richer/poorer later in life.
Your a ****ing tard and need to leave this second your not gonna win any argument in here because frankly your wrong. gay people cant help being gay. Im guessing your straight. can you help being attracted to women? now just go....fag.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I didn't come out of my mommy, see a female doctor, and get horny either. That doesn't mean anything.

Once again, that was just an illustration. Please don't get freaked out by minute details in my illustrations, I'm just trying to paint the picture in your minds.

And when I said poor or rich, I meant whether you were born into a poor or rich family, which you have no control over. Obviously, you can become richer/poorer later in life.

My bad, misunderstood.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
Your a ****ing tard and need to leave this second your not gonna win any argument in here because frankly your wrong.

I'm not trying to win the argument, I just want you guys to think about what you're actually saying...
gay people cant help being gay. Im guessing your straight. can you help being attracted to women? now just go....fag.

Could I immediately quit being attracted to women? No, you're right, I couldn't. Could I slowly begin to think about d00ds as being "t3h s3x" and liking nuts, or being to develop sexual feelings for a male friend? Could I say, "I want to experiment and try something out of the ordinary, I wonder what guys are really like?" Eventually, yes, those thoughts could develop into actions. If you think about something enough, more than likely it will eventually happen.

Now please stop being immature, learn better grammar usage, and try to make this a real debate rather than calling me a "Tard" and a "fag" and interjecting one liners with absolutely no backing.
Cutting and being gay are far different.Theres nothing wrong with you to be gay.But many times cutting is a sign of mental illness.And this forum can barely debate clothes or music with intelligence, let alone such a serious problem as mental illness.And humans dont reach sexual maturity till a certain age.So chances of a gay or straight child having any "sexual" preference is absurd.
its a global massacre
I understand that cutting and being gay are both quite different, but as I later stated, it was just an illustration used to show that both are choices.
Quote by TooLateForRoses
I'm not trying to win the argument, I just want you guys to think about what you're actually saying...

Could I immediately quit being attracted to women? No, you're right, I couldn't. Could I slowly begin to think about d00ds as being "t3h s3x" and liking nuts, or being to develop sexual feelings for a male friend? Could I say, "I want to experiment and try something out of the ordinary, I wonder what guys are really like?" Eventually, yes, those thoughts could develop into actions. If you think about something enough, more than likely it will eventually happen.

Now please stop being immature, learn better grammar usage, and try to make this a real debate rather than calling me a "Tard" and a "fag" and interjecting one liners with absolutely no backing.

don try and act all educated like. I used tard and fag jokingly. Dont talk about immature when you say things like emoz cut themselves all the time. and most knob slobbers have tried women but just found themselves more attracted to men. as im sure many straight people have experimented and found it not satisfying.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
Your a ****ing tard and need to leave this second your not gonna win any argument in here because frankly your wrong. gay people cant help being gay. Im guessing your straight. can you help being attracted to women? now just go....fag.

That is a very good point. I just do not understand why homophobes cannot seem to get it through their thick heads that a person cannot control who they're attracted to. "TooLateForRoses", what if you were harrassed and told repeatedly that it was wrong to be attracted to your opposite sex? My guess is that you would ignore these types of comments because that is who you are. Am i right?
Lets pretend for a second that homosexuality was a choice.

Let's also pretend that in North America, people supposedly have freedom of choice.

Oh, wait...

It's a moot point.
We should all love people who rock. 'Cause there are people who rule of all sexual preference, ethnicity, etc. (genrally speaking) What's beautiful about music fans is that they can put that aside and agree on the music they like
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Won't really read through the whole thread, I've only got one thing to say:

Sargasm, that's a cool Hedwig and the Angry Inch quote you've got on your sig.
Quote by waterproofpie
We should all love people who rock. 'Cause there are people who rule of all sexual preference, ethnicity, etc. (genrally speaking) What's beautiful about music fans is that they can put that aside and agree on the music they like

I'm xtinasexual!
p.s. Jordan rocks

p.s.s. the arguement will not end because they have, to my knowledge, not found proof that ones sexual preference is based on genetics, enviromental conditions, etc. So if he's into it, let him be.

So, I say we all listen to Lady Stardust on loop and eat empinadas
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
don try and act all educated like. I used tard and fag jokingly. Dont talk about immature when you say things like emoz cut themselves all the time.

I only act as educated as I'm actually can, and the fact that your milking that whole emo illustration is yet another sign of your lack of maturity.

Number one, I didn't say they cut themselves all the time, I said "Should I also respect the pain that an emo goes through when they cut themselves?"
Note that I said an emo, an implies one. One emo. Not all emos, not even most emos, and for the love of God, it was just a bloody illustration.

and most knob slobbers have tried women but just found themselves more attracted to men.

Well your whole people are born gay theory just went down the drain with that statement, now didn't it?
Okay, it doesn't matter WHEN someone believes they have become gay. They just are. Were you born liking the music you like? Of course not. But the principle still remains, regardless of when it happens, because that is another arguement.

People really abuse the word respect a lot. It's just a pet peeve. If someone feels the need to mutilate themselves as an emotion release, they have mental problems. Whether you respect that is completely irrelevant. What you should be doing is not being so critical about them, and try to get them help immediately. Do you think most people like cutting themselves? No. So let's just put that to rest as well.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Yet another person makes yet another useless comment on the emo thing....I wish this wouldn't have gotten closed earlier, I had a 6 paragraph post prepared, and when I hit post reply it was closed.

Also, I haven't made any really critical comments in this debate at all, especially in comparison to most of the other people in this topic. I'm not really critical of gays, I don't understand it, I don't support it, and I don't hang around any gay people, but I never said "I hate fags" or anything of the likes.

EDIT: Woah, I may have misunderstood, but in those last two sentences, were you implying that gay people don't like being gay as well? I think I did misunderstand lol.
Quote by TooLateForRoses
Well your whole people are born gay theory just went down the drain with that statement, now didn't it?

oh sweetie i think you just misunderstood something else too. I was saying gay people experiment. just like straight people do. Once in a straight persons life they question their sexuality as probably happens in a straight persons life.
I'm really trying to see this from your point of view, i just can't quite fit my head that far up my ass.

TooLateForRoses, you have got to be one of the most ignorant people in the punk forum. Regardless of whether gay people choose to be gay or not, should you respect them any less? what happened to punk being an open minded community? the only way for punks to spread our views is to band together, not pull some nazi, fascist bull**** like this. since you are in the punk forum, let's assume you like punk music. what if i decided to go apesh!t on you, and totally put you down for liking punk? you choose to like it. what if i dragged you behind a car through the streets. you brought it on yourself right? this is the kind of **** gays are going through, and it's wrong. when are people gonna see past this **** and band together?

the bottom line is, whether or not gays take their own fate, you choose to be homophobic. that isn't debateable. its not too late to change your mind. shut your ****ing mouth and open your eyes... please!!!

and sargasm, i have a lot of respect for you, being openly "queer" or whatever... plus "sargasm" is just a sick name.
Quote by freedumb
I'm really trying to see this from your point of view, i just can't quite fit my head that far up my ass.

TooLateForRoses, you have got to be one of the most ignorant people in the punk forum. Regardless of whether gay people choose to be gay or not, should you respect them any less? what happened to punk being an open minded community? the only way for punks to spread our views is to band together, not pull some nazi, fascist bull**** like this. since you are in the punk forum, let's assume you like punk music. what if i decided to go apesh!t on you, and totally put you down for liking punk? you choose to like it. what if i dragged you behind a car through the streets. you brought it on yourself right? this is the kind of **** gays are going through, and it's wrong. when are people gonna see past this **** and band together?

First of all, I'd like to clarify that I don't enjoy punk music, I just clicked this topic as the title intrigued me.

Also, I haven't been on this forum long, but I have NEVER been a part of forum where the people are open minded. Most people on forums are closed minded to everyone except people whom they highly respect.

Also, let's say you go psycho groupie cocaine crazy on me because I like metal, and do what you just said to me. So after it's all over, do I deserve more respect for getting the living crap beat out of me? No, anyone can get the crap beat out of them if they piss the wrong person off...

I agree that all of the gay hate is wrong, and I do not want to be associated with it at all. I don't agree with homosexuality or support it, but I definitely don't hate gays.

the bottom line is, whether or not gays take their own fate, you choose to be homophobic. that isn't debateable.

I'm not homophobic, I just don't support homosexuality, there's a difference. I'm not scared of gays, I'm scared of child molesters.

its not too late to change your mind. shut your ****ing mouth and open your eyes... please!!!

Well, I, like most other people on internet forums, am pretty closed minded and have already formed my own opinion about this subject, and obviously won't change my mind and begin supporting homosexuality. My eyes are pretty open, and last time I checked, people were allowed to interject their opinions on internet forums, including those with objective opinions.

I really hope you guys can make this debate more relaxed, and stop being agressive jerks. I've been pretty nice to everyone so far, and I'd appreciate it if you guys could return the favor. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2