Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Bless that man.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Got a video of him at home on VHS somewhere. First time I saw him play I was like, dang!

Although, to be honest, I can't hear everything cleanly in this, but other videos have been good.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
He is DAMN good. Loads of respect for that man..

Btw, anyone know what kind of pickups are in that guitar? I assume they're active, since it looks like there's a battery pack under the bridge.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
He is DAMN good. Loads of respect for that man..

Btw, anyone know what kind of pickups are in that guitar? I assume they're active, since it looks like there's a battery pack under the bridge.

try p-90's?
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
True guitar god.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by wmzbomgzors
try p-90's?

Dont look like P-90's to me. They're more oval-shaped than rectangular. And whats with the black box at the bottom of the guitar? P-90's wouldnt require that...
THAT WAS AMAZING. At the really fast part, my jaw was hangin so low it was touching the ground. WOW.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Dont look like P-90's to me. They're more oval-shaped than rectangular. And whats with the black box at the bottom of the guitar? P-90's wouldnt require that...

classic dog-ear shaped p-90's look closely. The box is either the wireless from the guitar or the mic that happens to be sticking out of his guitar

EDIT: Now that I look a bit closer, it does seem to be a bit more oval-shaped. It might be possible that they're custom
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Damn my internet connection and slow computer.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Les Paul had a habit of making his own gear.

Edit: The guitar looks like a modified 'Les Paul Recording' (made from 1971-1980), with the pickups at a different angle to the production model and the black square below the bridge (not sure what it is). The only thing I know about the pick-ups themselves is that they are 'low impedance', which I think means that they are active, which could explain the mysterious black box.

The Les Paul recording was the second attempt by Gibson (the first was the Professional/Personal Les Pauls of 1969, which did not last long at all) to popularise a guitar with Les Paul's complicated and intricate controls.

Sorry about the crappy quality of this picture. I had to resize it to get it small enough to upload. The original is here:
http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/guitarimages2006/GibsonLesPaulRecording/jjnewccc_055.jpg

The Les Paul Recording:
Attachments:
Les Paul Recording small.jpg
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Last edited by The National D at Sep 21, 2006,
I've never been that impressed personally, I think he's good but I think there are a lot of people who can do that much better.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Derigiberble
I've never been that impressed personally, I think he's good but I think there are a lot of people who can do that much better.

Same. When it comes to jazz, there really are lots of "better" guitarists.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Same. When it comes to jazz, there really are lots of "better" guitarists.

It can be said that Les was doing it first though. He 'opened up' jazz music and the guitar in general to a whole new field, and he was so very innovative.

I posted the video mainly because I'd never seen him play like that before, and I doubted a lot of other folks here had.

Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
As in, play that fast?

I wonder if I could get the VHS stuff onto the laptop... I'll give it a shot.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Encore_God
It can be said that Les was doing it first though. He 'opened up' jazz music and the guitar in general to a whole new field, and he was so very innovative.

I posted the video mainly because I'd never seen him play like that before, and I doubted a lot of other folks here had.

Well, you know, I wouldn't say the first... There's Django, Charlie Christian, and guys like Wes Montgomery a while later that did much more in regards to "opening up" jazz music and guitar imo.

Though "How High The Moon" is a great tune
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Well, you know, I wouldn't say the first... There's Django, Charlie Christian, and guys like Wes Montgomery a while later that did much more in regards to "opening up" jazz music and guitar imo.

Though "How High The Moon" is a great tune

Very true, but his innovative instrumentals, his creation of a very versatile instrument and his technology set him apart a little in a different way. Maybe he was a little more forward thinking.

But from a guitar playing perspective, I'd never seen him play that fast before! Must have been before the arthritis
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
depends on what sort of jazz you like too...if you like bop, there are not a lot of better guitarists. but yeah, i think resi mentioned django who was a massive influence on les, so he's not exactly the first. and charlie christian is just better. still a phenom though.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Last edited by sirpsycho85 at Sep 23, 2006,
Awesome, I gotta buy some of his recordings!
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton