What should I know while I am going into this? Is it going to be a lot harder, easier, same? Will there be a different learning curve than guitar? Thanks in advance guys.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
On upright bass, the strings are backwards from an electric bass. on upright they are GDAE electric strings are EADG. You'll have to get used to the feeling of playing standing with your arms up high, and also, there are no frets on an upright bass. If you're playing for school or something, you'll have to learn to read bass cleff. So, it might take a while to learn and get used to, it's not really that hard, but once you learn, it's going to be easy. I hope you have fun.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
idk what your smokin buddy^ but i play upright in the orchestra at skol and i also play bass guitar and the only difference is its harder to play as fast and finding notes is a tad bit more difficult because you dont have frets..as far as difficulty from changing, it shouldnt be THAT hard but its not gonna be liek going from guitar to bass guitar, itll require some effort
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
its basicly like playing a bass guitar like slash plays his guitar when he solos...its just moving the neck up so its no long perpendicular to the ground
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
^ what are YOU smoking stand up is entirely 100% harder than bass guitar like depending on what ur playing but if your playing any complicated jazz or classical **** it will be different and your ear has to be right on all the time. but no pressure