It's really awesome and I would definately reccomend that you get it. As long as it's got a good battery in it, it'll work everytime. Basically it creates a magnetic field around the string so it gives you infinate sustain when you hold it over the pickup.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Hey man, i just use a viola bow on mine, i don't know if thats the same as a violin bow, but anyway i play with it live and **** and it sounds cool for a special intro and stuff, however i can't remeber if i've heard the ebow is a good buy or not.
Quote by LedZeppelin650
Hey man, i just use a viola bow on mine

But the eBow doesn't get rosin all over your strings. That stuff is impossible to get out of roundwound strings.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Quote by LedZeppelin650
Hey man, i just use a viola bow on mine, i don't know if thats the same as a violin bow, but anyway i play with it live and **** and it sounds cool for a special intro and stuff, however i can't remeber if i've heard the ebow is a good buy or not.

really, I would never use a bow live. Its such a rip-off of jimmy page. I would suspect that everyone would be rolling their eyes at me.
like, oh look, he's using a bow. how original

anyway, an Ebow and a regular bow sound different
haha buy my guitar with the sustainer sytem and dont waste your money on an ebow
no but ebows have some amazing sounds that can help you alot my only problem with them is you have to use your whole hand to use one
Its a toy, if you're in an expiremental band and you can use it for a good amount of time; get it. If you have some extra cash; get it. But its very possible that you would get bored of it after a while.
Quote by Connorcore
Its a toy, if you're in an expiremental band and you can use it for a good amount of time; get it. If you have some extra cash; get it. But its very possible that you would get bored of it after a while.

yea..i know what your talking about
i bought a whammy pedal thinking it about all the cool things you could do with it, but i got bored with it. i may get the eBow, i like putting a lot of ambient kind of stuff in my music so it may help me out in that case.
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?