Will a F# open tuning put any unnecessary stress on the guitar neck? The tuning goes F# A# C# F# A# F#.
UG Blues Mafia
Founding Members: Forklifterer, Steve Cropper, Crzyrckgtrst28, and TNfootballfan62

Member of the Anti-Whammy-Bar-Solo Club
Last edited by Steve Cropper at Sep 23, 2006,
You're E strings will break Don't bother trying that tuning unless you have really light strings.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
No the lighter the string the less tension meaning easier to tune up, although tuning down isn't so effective.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
lighter gauge strings would be a good idea, like 8's or even 7's...

or downtune a **** load...
I have 10 Gauge and nothing has snapped as of yet. Thank you so much for the answer.
UG Blues Mafia
Founding Members: Forklifterer, Steve Cropper, Crzyrckgtrst28, and TNfootballfan62

You might want to try tuning to a lower pitch open tuning, and then use a capo.
no need to change and snap strings, and neck stress stays the same.
Wait, who the hell tunes up? I'm thinking he means drop F#...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

No I mean up.
UG Blues Mafia

Quote by flyingjew34
Wait, who the hell tunes up? I'm thinking he means drop F#...

Yeah honestly, I never hear anyone tuning up....I'll have to try it, I have my Ibanez's Tremolo set up for 10's so I think I wont have much of a problem.