im interested in buying a roland cube 60 watt amp. Ive read on various sites that its really good, but I want an amp for metal, so I need to know if this will suit my needs? I play things like metallica, megadeth, trivium, in flames, slayer, pantera, etc. I have a boss mt-2 distortion pedal also. btw, how much different is this amp compared to the 30 watt version?
The amp's distortion will almost certainly be better than your pedal's. It's very good at metal. And the 60 is an entire 30 better .

But seriously, the 60 is definitly worth spending a little more. It's footswitchable, loud enough to play gigs (miced, obviously), and a bigger speaker helps it sound fuller.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
You've pretty much picked the best amp for your style and price range. The Cube is great if the majority of things you play is metal. The extra cost of the 60 is definately worth it.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
I was thinking between a Vox AD50Vt and a Roland Cube 60 but I don't know what I should save up for.

I play stuff like Underoath, Three days grace, The used, Story of the year...
Originally Posted by acousticpyro23
Bitch get off my nuts.

Originally Posted by Vigilantius
I asked my mom for a cell phone once, and she said I don't have any friends anyways.
Quote by 86th fret
I was thinking between a Vox AD50Vt and a Roland Cube 60 but I don't know what I should save up for.

I play stuff like Underoath, Three days grace, The used, Story of the year...

I'd probably go with the Vox if I were you. You're not playing any metal, and the Vox is much better than the Cube at everything except for metal.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
eh, I'd take me cube over a wannabe tube amp. For metal, yes, it's sex. For classic rock, meh, it's alright. Medium gain rock stuff, just go to "Metal" setting and lower to gain to you liking.
But yes, it is awesome. And, if you have a cab, you can attach it! (if it's 8ohms)
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
i just ordered mine man. and i play alot of those bands to i cant wait till it comes in. from what i know its a great amp. i love love the sound on the cleans to. idk what everyones saying on here but to me those clean channels sound amazing
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
kewl, thanks a lot for everyone's comments. As soon as I get paid the amp is mine

btw, is £169 a good price for the amp? Its selling for that much on www.gak.co.uk
na go on pie-dog u will get it for 159 i think with 10 postage. Gak sell it for 169 + postage thats where im getting mine from
I'm playing through mine now, woo hoo etc. I love it, perfect for practising. The tuner out feature is nice and i love the distortion. Hell it's never going to get the same tone as the ultimate marshall tube amp, but for the price it's awesome.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
I'm thinking of getting one. I've been hearing good things about it, like how it sounds more powerful compared to a bigger amp. If I want to use it for gigs, then I'll definitely need a cab for it. I don't know much about cabs, so what kind of cabs got 8 ohms and a minimum of 60 watts?