Page 1 of 6
definitely Revolution Is My Name by Pantera
you'd be sad too if your parents gave you a name like that
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
'Betrayed' or 'Seize the Day' - Avenged Sevenfold
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I always thought Let It Be was a sad song considering the Beatles near breakup state when it was written.
Tiger style.
no where man - beatles, descending angel - misfits, babe im gonna leave you - led zeppelin, to live is to die, fade to black - metallica, something in the way - nirvana, gone away - the offspring, last kiss - pearl jam, goodbye blue sky - pink floyd, the approaching curve - rise against, everything ends, left behind, circle, prelude 3.0, diluted, danger/keep away (full version) vermillion pt.2 -all by slipknot, roulette - system of a down, the damage in your heart - weezer.

ive been depressed many times and all these songs helped me get through.
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
Everyone else is wrong.
Joe Satriani - Cryin'
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
you cant say were wrong if this is what we think, that statement is wrong.
"yeah, well, you know...

that's just like... your opinion man."

-The Dude, His Dudeness
Quote by daniel c b
you cant say were wrong if this is what we think, that statement is wrong.

Right. Because I was actually saying that no one else is allowed to have an oppinion.

In case this goes over your head too, that was sarcasm.
Although the person who answered A7X is wrong.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Although the person who answered A7X is wrong.

no, i am not wrong, i think those are sad songs, and that's all that matters, whether you agree with me or not doesn't affect whether or not i think they're sad
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Fine Again by Seether and Wasted Years by Cold always do it for me. Something In The Way by Nirvana, Nutshell by AIC.... things like that I always find emotional and sad.

And I agree with Archeo... how can A7X be sad?
OH JESUS CHRIST I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE GIVE PEARL JAM CREDIT FOR LAST KISS!!!!! WAYNE -****ING- COCHRAN DID THE SONG, ****ING DAMN IT!!!!!! and yeah for the sad rock song i'd prolly say something along the lines of cemetary gates by pantera
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Enemy Of God - Kreator
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
babe im gonna leave you-zepp
mamma i'm coming home-ozzy
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
Quote by saulhudsonslash
OH JESUS CHRIST I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE GIVE PEARL JAM CREDIT FOR LAST KISS!!!!! WAYNE -****ING- COCHRAN DID THE SONG, ****ING DAMN IT!!!!!! and yeah for the sad rock song i'd prolly say something along the lines of cemetary gates by pantera

Really? w/e i dont care ha.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Can't believe no one's said November Rain.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Mutter by Rammstein is pretty sad I suppose, but you gotta really understand German to get it's effect. Definitely Bell Bottom Blues by Derek and the Dominoes,
Quote by xtopher_aaron
I really cant believe no one has said Bohemian Rhapsody... gees u guys.. cmon!!

took the words right out of my mouth, and little wing as well.
John Frusciante
member #1 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chili Peppers UG fanclub PM samlynch to join
JIMI HENDRIX
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
John Petrucci
SRV
Actually , it's a weird question ,

the one song could be more 'sad' for the one person then for the other , just a matter of how you can relate to a song ... i think

(I don't really know how to put this , but you guys understand what im talking about right?) xD
ill give an example :p

someone who just broke up in a relationship (got dumped)

will think a sad love song is more sad then... a song about someone dying :P

and vice-versa , if you've just lost a good friend and you listening to a song about someone close who passed away it'll be more sadder then some ****ty love song
I agree with "Let it Be" and "Little Wing".
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Heart of Gold / Neil Young
Oh! Sweet Nuttin' / The Velvet Underground
Hard Time Killing Floor Blues / Chris Thomas King

I believe that we all know that I've won this battle now.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Not to soud elitest or "This song sucks" but if anyone posts any emo (Dashboard confessional, the used, hawthorne heights etc) then i swear i'll be angry, they arent depressing, they sing about self harm and crap just to get more money

I find a lot of new slipknot quite sad, like vermillion pt 2, circle, danger keep away, and definately roulette by SOAD whoever said that earlier

a million miles away by Rory Gallagher, the sun goes down, still in love with you both by Thin Lizzy
In this River by BLS
Stairway to heaven always strikes me as a sad song too
Script for a jesters tear by marillion
one, nothing else matters and until it sleeps by metallica
Drunk again by reel big fish
Army of the sun and enemy of the state by roadrunner united
Hooch and hyper-insomnia-para-condroid by Sum 41
hella lots of SOAD (all of the last songs on their albums are usually quite sad)

there are way more that i cant think of or cant be assed to post
Quote by aeginotu
Mutter by Rammstein is pretty sad I suppose, but you gotta really understand German to get it's effect. Definitely Bell Bottom Blues by Derek and the Dominoes,

+1
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
There are a lot of things that make songs sand. Sometimes it's that the lyrics are sad in there own right, but other times it's because they remind you of something. A couple weeks after I broke up with my last girlfreind I was driving down the road and the radio started playing Wango Tango so I had to pull over and cry.
Not taking any online orders.
The Beatles - Yer Blues, Derek And The Dominos - Layla, The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
It's Raining in my Cranium
Show must go on by Queen. I remember seeing something on TV a while back about this song and how it was about how Freddy Mercury was dying from Aids.

"The show must go on
The show must go on
Inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But my smile still stays on."
errrrrrrrrrm i wud say its Brian Adams -i do it for u .........or Aerosmith-donwant to miss a thing orrrrrrrrrrrrr wot a song!!!!
Aeroplane - RHCP ...less the lyrics, more Keidis' perfect diction...he makes "That motherf*cker's always spike with pain" sound like the saddest line ever.

Cemetary Gates - Pantera

Pictures of Home - Deep Purple

November Rain - GNR

Loads of SlipKnot stuff.

Falling Away From Me - KoRn

LOADS and, like, LOADS of Dire Straits ...Brothers in Arms, the Man's Too Strong...etc

One - Metallica

WOAH! Almost forgot - When A Blind Man Cries - Deep Purple
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Marrilion- kayleigh
Since you've been gone.-rainbow
Fade to black- Metallica
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!