Hi all the action on my JS1000 is pretty screwed up, i need some help..
the action on it isn't as low as i like it (like i have on my strat), yet when i bend the notes on the 10th - 15th frets (with or without using the whammy bar), they get choked because the string touches the last fret..
if i raise the bridge, that takes care of the problem, but then the action is so high that its impossible to shred or play anything demanding on there..
what can i do with this to fix it?
thanks in advance for the help..
Ibanez JS1000BP
Fender American Stratocaster
Boss GT8 Processor
Korg AX1500G
hmmm doesnt sound like its a truss rod problem but check it just in case anyway. but yeh if its choking the sound then hmmmm dont know what to do
it could be a high fret, if you go to a guitar shop they should be able to check for you...

if it is you can have it grinded so that it won't choke the string any more
Quote by LCOLLINS 1
it could be a high fret, if you go to a guitar shop they should be able to check for you...

if it is you can have it grinded so that it won't choke the string any more

or you could have it filed down
ur neck is probably a little back bowed.

fret the low E at the first fret. at the same time,
fret the low E at the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets 7-9th.

if the string lays on the fretwire there, u dont have enough bend.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there u have too much bend.

this is all assuming that the bridge is level at the start.

measure and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by azn_guitarist25
or you could have it filed down

thats what i meant, ive only ever heard to the process refered to as a "fret grind"
The neck isn't straight enough, adjust the truss rod. Then adjust the bridge till the action is as low as you can without fret buzz on all your frets and strings