Well. I know this was going to happend. I have bought a Epi Les Paul (Std) months ago. I have a VOXAD50VT and I'm very disappointed with his sound. It sounds cheap, and bad with distortion (Pickups??). Now, This is my question. I play mainly punk rock, punk pop, reggae. Its a good deal to sell my geetar and get a good brand new squier telecaster and with the rest of the money buy new pickups for it? Will it sound better? I know it depends of your taste, But I feel fender's more confortable. Its just that im not a les paul man?

Thanks.
No Signature
why not just sell it and save for a real tele so you don't have to do the pick up **** and worry about getting a ****ty guitar
no it is a terrible idea. i hate squiers. Change the humbuckers in your les paul and see how that goes. it would be a downgrade to get a squier.

just upgrade the les paul and make it really nice. (keep in mind that your playing a ss amp and a cheaper epiphone les paul so it wont sound "great" but new pickups will make it a LOT better.
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
MIM telecaster? I'll look for it. Its only 'cause I really dont like how my epi standard plays. I think im a fender man.
No Signature
how would a gibson sg p90s sound through a vox ad50 wahtever the rest is, the same amp this guy has
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
How much costs a Made in mexico telecaster? I think, If I buy it Ill put the Fender Texas special Pickups.
I think 300 uss is all I got from my epi. Should I go for the squier and the fender texas special pickups?
No Signature
Quote by Jet11608
no it is a terrible idea. i hate squiers. Change the humbuckers in your les paul and see how that goes. it would be a downgrade to get a squier.

Not really.. Im buying a squire Tele thin line, and It beats the mixican Tele and most epi's. It has an alder body which american fenders use, Set neck for the sustain, 2 duncan designed humbuckers, 2 tone and 2 volume just like the les paul, so Threadstarter check out that guitar... SQUIRE TELE THIN LINE
I'm scratchin my head as to how in the world you can't get a GOOD tone from your Epi/Vox rig. You could've gone to valvetronix.net and found settings for you amp to get a lot of pretty good tones.
Quote by Bensimon
I think 300 uss is all I got from my epi. Should I go for the squier and the fender texas special pickups?

Even if you can't afford the MIM now, seriously think about saving for the MIM, the Squier will leave you very disappointed and dissatisfied with your buy...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Get a '72 Deluxe Tele (MIM)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by False_God
Not really.. Im buying a squire Tele thin line, and It beats the mixican Tele and most epi's. It has an alder body which american fenders use, Set neck for the sustain, 2 duncan designed humbuckers, 2 tone and 2 volume just like the les paul, so Threadstarter check out that guitar... SQUIRE TELE THIN LINE

*Sigh*

It doesn't beat the Mexican tele, unless you get a really poor MIM.

1) American Fenders use far better quality alder. The alder in the Squier will NOT sound as good.

2) A properly done bolt on will have just as much sustain as a set neck.

3) Duncan Designed pickups suck eggs. Basically, they're crap pickups which Duncan look at, write their name one, and send off to Squier.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by False_God

Didn't you have a thread a couple of days ago where you wanted guitar recommendations? Did you not listen to them? Honestly, the squire isn't all ur making it out to be!
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
I make a decision. Ill save for a MIM standard. Here, that guitars are not cheap ($2300) and I think Ill get 1500-1600 from my Epi. And its not that I dont have a good tone, I didnt like how it sounds.
No Signature
Quote by Bensimon
I think 300 uss is all I got from my epi.

Well in that case, I say buy that telecaster, if you want. And do not go for a squier, it won't be any better than that epiphone.

Also, have you tried out some teles and strats? I'm just curious as to why you think you are a Fender man.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
You're selling you Epi for 1500-1600?

You're buying a Fender for 2300?

Dude, what the &%$@ are you talking about!?
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
In some countries certain items are worth much more than they are in either England or US.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by tristan123/
Didn't you have a thread a couple of days ago where you wanted guitar recommendations? Did you not listen to them? Honestly, the squire isn't all ur making it out to be!

ya, and? most of them said it was good, did you not read them?

Well its worth trying out and guys their was no need to take my "Fine...blah blah" post serious...it was basically being sarcastic...and Imo it does beat the mim tele, because I played like four tele's and this played and sounded better...
the ONLY good squires are the late 80's japanese squires, anything else are traditionally made in korea... using poorer quality wood, electronics and manufacturing... when it comes to guitars which you will learn in the future... its all about the wood not just the electronics. if you are comparing a squire to a fender and you think squire is better then im sorry you are just retarded. there is no comparrison, better wood, better craftmanship, better electronics, better guitar, no squire neck is made in the american plant, all mexican and USA necks are made in the USA. get a real guitar not a beginners one and then you can have an opinion like you have
Well, stop complaining. Im argentinian, those are argentinian PESOS. So, If I got luck maybe
No Signature
Well, stop complaining. Im argentinian, those are argentinian PESOS. So, with luck maybe I can get a MiM Tele. Dont know, The les paul sounds...like too much "agressive" for me. And I play pop punk.
No Signature
Quote by Bensimon
MIM telecaster? I'll look for it. Its only 'cause I really dont like how my epi standard plays. I think im a fender man.

You're not a fender man. You're dumb. A squire isn't a fender at all a squire tele and a fender tele are two comletley differn't guitars. they're not even close enough to call the squire a downgraded fender. Don't call your self a fender man if you don't even know what one is. Just stop buying cheap guitars and ****ty amps if you want a nicer sound.
you are getting flamed because you made a common presumtion on guitar quality, dont Bitch about it to us, learn from this and move on, and be more careful when it comes to posting,
take care
Well, Im thinking in buying a epiphone les paul junior because I like the billie joe's sound...LoL, just a joke. And what about MIM FENDER telecaster? I want some pop-punk sounds...Stop buying ****ty amps and guitars? Can you give me 5000 bucks?! Im in a third world country, we dont have the luck you have living there!
No Signature
Quote by Bensimon
Well, Im thinking in buying a epiphone les paul junior because I like the billie joe's sound...LoL, just a joke. And what about MIM FENDER telecaster? I want some pop-punk sounds...Stop buying ****ty amps and guitars? Can you give me 5000 bucks?! Im in a third world country, we dont have the luck you have living there!
dude, with the money you have spent on cheap equpiment you could have saved and bought something decent, just wait till you have the mula for a nice guitar instead fo continualley buying cheap **** once you get a bit of money. I myslef have no experience with the MM telecaster but I have heard telecasters in general are good for punk since they are real trebley guitars, but this is what I have heard .
I say try teh guitars you can afford, before you actaully do it, cause well thers the chance your new guitar will be worse if you buy with out playing them yourself......

and dont listen to the people who say a brand sucks try thos eoens too its possible you have different tastes....
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
Quote by Dyne
You're not a fender man. You're dumb. A squire isn't a fender at all a squire tele and a fender tele are two comletley differn't guitars. they're not even close enough to call the squire a downgraded fender. Don't call your self a fender man if you don't even know what one is. Just stop buying cheap guitars and ****ty amps if you want a nicer sound.

You, sir, are an idiot. Not only because you're a HIM fan, but because you think that apparently everyone can pull a ton of money out of their ass to buy profesional equipment.

Now, topic creator, I'm assuming you're a Green Day fan. Billie Joe uses a lot of humbucker guitars. His original Fernandes Strat had a humbucker in the bridge, as do all of the remakes of that guitar. Also, from Nimrod on he used various guitars in the studio that had humbuckers. ES-335's, SG's, and Les Pauls as well. Only recently did he start using the LP Jr.

If anything, you should be able to nail just about any tone you want from before American Idiot. Play around with different settings on your amp - check the Ultimate Settings thread out as well.

Most punk and punk-pop bands use humbuckers in their guitars. I'd guess probably 70% use humbuckers. I may be off, but that seems about right to me.

As for aggressiveness, try turning the gain down a bit! You don't need a ton of gain unless you're playing metal. I usually don't turn the gain on my amp past 5 unless I want a really distorted sound. Play around with some low-gain settings.

If you try all the settings you can and still aren't happy, I guess look at getting something else. I wouldn't recommend a Squier unless you want a project guitar, but I will suggest the Fender Standard Strats and Teles.

Remember - before you do ANYTHING, try out as many settings as you can. You have an extremely versatile amp, so you should be able to find a lot of good tones.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Thanks Xenn. Im going to have this in count...Btw, Theres no one guitar shop in 250km near here... So when I can I'll try the tele. Ill tell you later.
No Signature
Quote by Xenn99
You, sir, are an idiot. Not only because you're a HIM fan, but because you think that apparently everyone can pull a ton of money out of their ass to buy profesional equipment.

Vagina, look at my last post.