Alright, so I've been playing on my Peavey Studio Pro 112 (transtube) for a while now, and I'm thinking it's a pretty lame amp, and not strong enough for gigging, and I'm about to be getting to that stage.

My budget will be around $500 in time, so what would be a good amp that will play some good high gain thrash metal, and give me some great tones? I play stuff that sounds influenced by Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Trivium, and Iron Maiden. A tube amp preferably, but if there's a good solid state I'll take it as well.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
Id suggest saving up and putting some more money into a better high gain tube amp. Im not really sure of any high gain tube amps at that price, (unless you dont mind goign used on Ebay)
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
You can get a marshall half stack for like what? Around 600. Try www.musiciansfriend.com
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
No No No To The Halfstack.

Hell No
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
MG series I suppose? I hear bad things about them though, and I never got too good of features on it, unless I didn't tinker with it right...

unless you are talking about another line of stacks (goes to look)
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
Randall RH150. The new G3 series amps are killer. I bought mine for about $575 Canadian just a couple of months ago. I like it way better than the Peavey XXX and Supremes I tried; better than the Marshall valvestate stuff I tried, and just as much as any Mesa I tried.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
how about instead of telling him not to get something you be productive and acually give some advice.

i myself like marshalls sound and quality but i would invest into a more expensive but beter quality amp like Jesse Ibanez said
Low end Marshalls = bad, (MG, AVT ect) go for there JCM series (800, 900, 2000s)

But yeah you wont need a half stack. So maybe a used JCM800 combo would work?

EDIT: Well, youre gigging, if you gig frequently then maybe a halfstack would be okay, then look into maybe a JCM 800 head and stuff. Iunno im getting real tired
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
im starting to see more useless info in every topic in here whats going on, with $500 you are entering decent amp territory, i would recommend saving slightly a bit more and then if ebays an option a used 5150 could be a great choice, used triple xxx...used jcm...dont go solid state, youve saved up a decent amount..for your trivium and megadeth tastes a valveking will do it..and thats only 399 U.S for a 50watt tube amp, dont go buy a mg stack or avt or anything like that for the love of God..
Quote by d_byrne23
im starting to see more useless info in every topic in here whats going on, with $500 you are entering decent amp territory, i would recommend saving slightly a bit more and then if ebays an option a used 5150 could be a great choice, used triple xxx...used jcm...dont go solid state, youve saved up a decent amount..for your trivium and megadeth tastes a valveking will do it..and thats only 399 U.S for a 50watt tube amp, dont go buy a mg stack or avt or anything like that for the love of God..

I dont think my information is useless I think the information ive given in like the last 40 threads has been pretty damn helpful lol
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
more does not mean every bit..nore did i directly call what you said useless..read my friend..but that just broke your streak cause that was a useless post..