I just noticed that when I pick triplets, especially really fast, my hand angles to the side so the pick doesn't hit the string face on; instead, the pick hits the string at an angle to make it easier to pass through the string. It's starting to bug me, because I am trying to play standing up more often, and while I'm standing it is hard for my hand to do that motion. Also, it hinders my speed. So when you pick triplets, is your hand supposed to stay in the same position/form as it would be if you were just picking really fast?
I just noticed that when I pick triplets, especially really fast, my hand angles to the side so the pick doesn't hit the string face on; instead, the pick hits the string at an angle to make it easier to pass through the string. It's starting to bug me, because I am trying to play standing up more often, and while I'm standing it is hard for my hand to do that motion.

I'm confused... you say it makes it pass through the string easier but it's annoying you because you're doing it?

Are you saying that when you stand you CAN'T hit the string at an angle?

I watched this one video of Michael Angelo Batio and he said its extremely important that you pick at an angle.

I don't understand what you mean by this...

So when you pick triplets, is your hand supposed to stay in the same position/form as it would be if you were just picking really fast?

You can pick triplets at 50 bpm and you can pick triplets at 200 bpm.

Ideally, the motion you use to pick slowly should be exactly like the motion you use to pick quickly.

Hope that answered something...