Hey everyone,

I am in the market for a new guitar I have about $2000 AUS ($1,512.38 USD) to spend but I wouldent want to spend that much if I didnt have to.

Firstly I play Metalish type songs and I love to shred (i was actually thinking of getting a dean razorback and I prolly will when my supplier can get it to me next year but i really need somthing now that will last me till then and can is trustable for gigging) (note i say metalish instead of metal so people dont accuse me of putting the wrong bands in the wrong genre's ) but basically stuff like metallica, trivium, slipknot (nu metal or whatever ahrhh), iron maiden etc etc its all good.

I really like the feel / look of the Les Pauls but I dont have enough money to go with Gibson.

I was looking at maybe getting an Epiphone Les Paul Custom /w EMG's (89 & 85). I heard that EMG's sound really bad on Alder wood guitars which wouldent suprise me really but how much Alder wood does the Epiphone Les Paul Custom use? It apparently uses Mahogany / Alder so yeah not quite sure on that!

Anyway if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated ohh and please be nice im new here :P

Link:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom:
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=47&CollectionID=6
Last edited by guitarherololol at Sep 21, 2006,
ESP EC-1000?

Or EC-400 with Seymour Duncans or EMGs if you would like... depending on how much you wanna spend.

ESP makes great guitars.
yeah...id say either ESP, schecter, or PRS
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
The ESP EC 500 / 400 look nice and they dont have any alder wood which is good but i cant find the 1000
epiphones blow, just my opinion

i would go with a used PRS, you can find some extremly nice ones in your price range here

http://www.chrisguitars.com/prs.html

have fun

EDIT: there are also some used Gibsons that you can afford, look into them

http://www.chrisguitars.com/gibson.html

again....have fun
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
http://stores.ebay.com/BoogieStreet-WorldWide-Guitar-Sales_Washburn_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ5QQftidZ2QQtZkm

buy one of the evil twins, maybe the black/grey one, i like the green/gold one. Its 1 grand, comes with ebony board and real emg's, and a bunch of other things. And just for the record, over the summer i bought a washburn wi67 from the Idol body series, and it really beats the hell out of any les paul i've played.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
^So? are you suggesting he get a les paul studio to play his kind of music??
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom. Then you can throw in EMGs if you like.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by BlinkBlinkBlink
^So? are you suggesting he get a les paul studio to play his kind of music??

why not....look at trivium, black label society? they use les pauls
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
why not....look at trivium, black label society? they use les pauls

Yes, les pauls, not les paul studios
Quote by drevil814

Quote by flesh fries
^Just to clarify something for you; most Gibson LP's use the same exact build style. Mahogany body, maple top, mahogany set neck, two humbuckers, and a tune-o-matic bridge. Shockingly, the LP Studio is *gasp* a GIBSON LES PAUL! That uses the same build style I mentioned above!

So, now that you know this shocking revelation, I assume that you realize that the Gibson LP Studio and Gibson LP Custom are very, very similar guitars, correct?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Jackson or ESP are probably the best for metal
then there's Ibanez, schecter BC Rich (ONLY! the highest end ones!) you could buy gibson, PRS, most things really, if you get a HSH HSS or HH strat stick EMGs or Duncans in and it should be good