I've read evry d@mn tutorial i could find and not one answered my questions..... ok. so i recently dropped the tuning from EADGBE to CGCFAD and i adjusted the spring tention to get the bridge level and then i tuned it up. only the low E (now C) is having intonation problems. So i fixed all that and the open string matches the 12th harmonic and the 12th fretted. All a perfect C. But when i hit the fretted 5 to compare with the open G its now on the low end of F# where it should be a G! i have tried every suggestion that i could find and nothin helped! If anyones got an idea of waht i could do gimme a hand. This is really messin up my playing lol. Thanks...
your in drop c tuning, its a whole step down from standard and should be fretted on the 7th, and also, the harmonic shouldn't be the 12's either, remember it's a whole step down, and the top string is dropped.
lol gotcha... now is there a tuning that would allow for the same fingering but just at a lower tune? like id still be able to play the same songs and have them sound the same just at a lower tuning? would i just tune every string down equaly? (sry im new to these new tuning styles my first time outa standard E)
But have you tried taking it to a shop?
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
yea they just told me to intonate it and im too broke to have em do anything.... but i figured out my problem guys.... me being so stupid didnt realize (as DispsablePuppet pointed out) that the low C was tuned down lower than teh rest.... so i just tossed it up to D and now everythings cool. Thanks for the help guys! Now back to shreddin....
do you know which screws to mess with to adjust the intunation?
"im not going to call somebody a dwarf unless they have direct possesion of a battle-axe."

"curiosity killed your mom!"
i dunno i just like figureing things out. whatever. if i wanted my guitar in drop C it would be there. but whatever floats your boat.
"im not going to call somebody a dwarf unless they have direct possesion of a battle-axe."

"curiosity killed your mom!"