If you have D flat, and your trying to find the ninth of D flat how do you count up the scale?

D flat, E flat, F flat etc

or..

D flat, E, F, G, etc
Think of the 9th like the 2nd just an ocatve higher. And yeh count up the scale unitl u get to the 9th degree should be Eb
- Satch is awsome -

1  2  3 4  5  6  7 8(1) 9(2)
Db Eb F Gb Ab Bb C Db   Eb
Last edited by kirbyrocknroll at Sep 21, 2006,
i know the ninth is also the second..

but if you counted up E flat d flat etc then that makes noooo sense god i ****ing hate chords, in the chord B flat 13, the 13th (the sixth) would be g flat, but the note used as the 13th is g not g flat..
Quote by Épiphone

but if you counted up E flat d flat etc then that makes noooo sense god i ****ing hate chords, in the chord B flat 13, the 13th (the sixth) would be g flat, but the note used as the 13th is g not g flat..

Bb13? Maybe that means a Bb chord built up from thirds until the 13?

If it was a B chord with a flattened 13, it would be built off of the B major scale, not the Bb scale.

I don't know how to tell the difference between which one it is when just reading the chord. This chord has confused me before too. I guess it's about the notes in the chord.
Quote by Épiphone

The 6th in Eb is C (or something enharmonic, I don't feel like thinking hard right now).