Page 1 of 3
Alright, so the point of this is to name your guitar, and tell what tuning you keep it in most of the time.

So here is mine

Gibson SG- Standard tuning or sometimes Eb

Epiphone Acoustic Electric-Db(makes the strings easier to push down because of extremely high action).

So what bout yall?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Gibson SG- Standard and drop D, but mostly drop D

Fernandes something or other-drop A

Acoustic-D standard
Ibanez GRG170DX - Db or C. ALWAYS :P
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
I have an Ovation I keep in standard tuning, which I sometimes tune down to drop D, and an old Martin X Series I keep in open D, which sometimes gets tuned up to DADGAD or down to open D minor.
Death to Ovation haters!
Standard.

But I use Drop D and tuned to D sometimes, depends on song...
Obviously Drop D for say, A7X stuff but down a step to Cradle of Filth and the likes.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Schecter C-1+ - Standard
Fender Std. Strat - Drop 1/2 step
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
Everything from E standard to 2 steps down. I play around with dropped tunings a lot.
SG whole step down, for loose tension... i guess
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

weaklings.........my tuning is still the lowest here
6 stringers - E, D, C

7 stringers- B, F ( I use bass strings on the one tuned to F)

Bass - E or D
Quote by 319
weaklings.........my tuning is still the lowest here

OMGZ UR SO TUFF

*shrugs* I don't know...
Hah I'm the third one with a Gibson SG standard. I just put EMG's in it though I keep mine in Drop B B F# B E C# G#

Gibson 67' reissue usually 1/2 step down

LTD acoustic usually a whole step down because I can sing with it better.
Another acoustic I use for Open tunings liek Dashboard songs hahah

Ther rest are usually in standard

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Quote by Jaykib
OMGZ UR SO TUFF

Ummmmmmmmm...........duh!

and actually this guy with the bass strings and drop F on his seven string wins
Quote by 319
Ummmmmmmmm...........duh!

and actually this guy with the bass strings and drop F on his seven string wins

I play sludgy doom with it. Had to drill out a few tuners though.
standard
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
i always have my acoustic in Db.
and i have another acoustic for weird ass tunings like goo goo dolls...
Quote by master
Yep. It was my birthday and I was wanking in my room and all of a sudden my whole family came jumping in yelling "SURPRISE!!" I guess they were the ones who ended up being surprised.
Bass - standard
guitar - drop D almost always

i play a lot of blues and the like with my bass, so it's senseless to drop it, generally.
Quote by holybassbatman!
ya I want to get wireless cables now.

Quote by rjk123

One time my math teacher started a problem on a quiz like this:

"You are tired of your low pay, and so you ask your boss for a raise. Your boss = LOL. Pwned."
Quote by zultone
I play sludgy doom with it. Had to drill out a few tuners though.

I may have to try that.......I thought I was badass having a .70 for my top string
Quote by 319
I may have to try that.......I thought I was badass having a .70 for my top string

Yeah, on my other one I had .65 with a set of 11's for the other 6, tuned to A#.

Gigantic and beafy sounding. I'm broke at the moment and too lazy to put some like that back on. A# is my favorite of all tunings, usually play death metal with it.

Low tunings rule.
i have a start which i keep in standerd and usually drop d and a seven string in drop c with an the 7th string at drop A and an ibanez at flat tuning like drop db
Out of tune.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Warlock (Platinum) w/ the EMG's ---> Drop D
No-name fende rip off ---> Standard
Warlock (Bronze) w/ stock pickups ---> Drop B (B F# B E G# C#)
Acoustic (i have no clue what it is) ----> Db (easier to press down)
Flying V (emg) ---> Standard D
dude i hate Drop D. it seems like every time i go to a guitar store i hear some lil punk playing something in drop D (which is really lame btw, and if you guys play in it all the time, you suck... period) and then when i go to grab a guitar off the wall it's always in drop D. **** that tuniing.

i will admit, i know a few songs in Drop D tuning, and have no prob tuning it down occasionaly, however, to the guys that sit there and play "metal" by tuning down the E string to D and doing those lame ass pointer finger bars all up and down the neck, you really suck at guitar. i mean dude, how hard can it be to actually play a G bar chord without actually tuning down to D?

o wait i kno, cause you suck.

not to be mean, but i hate that ****.

o and i always tune a half step down from standard. E flat. Hendrix style bitches. cause i can actually play my guitar.
Quote by AdayTripper
I don't want to ****ing be known as the guy who **** himself while his whole family came over. It just happened.

Quote by SonOfOsiris
how far would you go with a boy/girl to be able to say to someone "Im am not a virgin!"

????
^Ugh, Fruscianteac. You annoy me.
Drop tunings get a bad reputation because they're most popular by bands that have really simple riffs (a lot of pop stuff like Fall Out Boy, etc). But there's a lot of bands that use it to expand on what they can play. To change the overall sound of the music. It really opens a whole new page for you to work with.

Look at my sig, for example. That's something someone said about a song I wrote. I take great pride in that, because that's what I like about using Drop tunings, and it's why I still use them to this day.
Spiral Out
dude cmon, you heard me say i tune down occasionally. i just hate the guys that play in it CONSTANTLY! i hate the guys that play Drop D bar chords in the progression of 3rd fret, 5th fret, 7, 8, 10, and 12 fret. that **** is just annoying as hell to me.

don't think i hate drop d. i just hate people that play those damn bar chords ALL THE TIME.
Quote by AdayTripper
I don't want to ****ing be known as the guy who **** himself while his whole family came over. It just happened.

Quote by SonOfOsiris
how far would you go with a boy/girl to be able to say to someone "Im am not a virgin!"

????
Quote by Fruscianteac
dude i hate Drop D. it seems like every time i go to a guitar store i hear some lil punk playing something in drop D (which is really lame btw, and if you guys play in it all the time, you suck... period) and then when i go to grab a guitar off the wall it's always in drop D. **** that tuniing.

i will admit, i know a few songs in Drop D tuning, and have no prob tuning it down occasionaly, however, to the guys that sit there and play "metal" by tuning down the E string to D and doing those lame ass pointer finger bars all up and down the neck, you really suck at guitar. i mean dude, how hard can it be to actually play a G bar chord without actually tuning down to D?

o wait i kno, cause you suck.

not to be mean, but i hate that ****.

o and i always tune a half step down from standard. E flat. Hendrix style bitches. cause i can actually play my guitar.

You CAN play and your nickname is Frusciante??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Quote by NunoSlash
You CAN play and your nickname is Frusciante??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

dude i can play better than you could ever imagine. flame me all you want. i play shows every week and i own. i can play lead riffs that you prob dream of playing. i'm good. not because i think i'm good, it's because people tell me i'm good.

and dude, frusciante is the man. sure, he's not some eddie van halen or marty friedman no technical speed demon, but dude, he can whale and he's a ****in SONGWRITER. he doesn't just play hot ass lead riffs, he plays entire songs. he's a really good guitarist. he has an amazing tone, and when he wants to rip it up he can. listen to the album blood,sugar,sex, magik and you would know that.

or, just listen to the solo on "she's only 18" offa stadium arcadium. if you tell me he can't play after that, you have no idea how to play guitar.
Quote by AdayTripper

Quote by SonOfOsiris

????
Page 1 of 3