They're a pair of EMG HZ H3s that came off my Jackson DXMGT. They're the quick-connects and in great condition! I'm looking for 60 shipped for both of them together, basically the exact amount to get a quad-set of JJ 6L6 power tubes for my Peavey Lemme know cuz these are still very available!

Shoot me a PM and Paypal is preferred, thanks!
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
Last edited by GuianM at Oct 25, 2006,
J/ curious do u know if they would make a dif at all using a solid state amp? My pups now are really nice but im j/ not sure if upgrading would do all tha much.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Well, what model solid state amp are you currently using?
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
Quote by soul_power
J/ curious do u know if they would make a dif at all using a solid state amp? My pups now are really nice but im j/ not sure if upgrading would do all tha much.

k to clear this up... everyone thinks emgs make no difference on solid states amp but they still sound awesome on then. Its just that they sound even better on tube amps, but doesnt everything
Quote by GuianM
Well, what model solid state amp are you currently using?

The amp is j/ a Behringer GMX212 modeling amp (dont laugh, on a budget here). But i think it sounds pretty good for its price range.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Hey man, noone's here to laugh, if your strapped for cash, haven't we all been at some point?

Just some more quick questions though, what guitar are you using and with what pickups? I've used and owned my fair share of solid states before, like a Marshall MG series and a Randall RH series and my EMG passives all sounded pretty damn good through them. But now I'm using a tube amp and I want to try some actives through it so that's why I'm looking to sell. If your interested, lemme know for sure!
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
hey guys i was wondering if the EMG's would be a good purchase b/c im remodeling this piece of crap guitar and im adding another pickup slot. so i was thinking that i could get these and a locking tone pros system..... but if you think they are a good purchase then let me know bc then id be intersted. i play through a tube peavey guitar pro stucio 50 amp so ........ just letme know what you guys think
how low are you willing to go on them?
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Up!
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
x2
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
Do you have any sort of general price range? I don't want to throw a low ball offer at you...
Ya selling the pots and wires with it? What are these pups like for cleans (i know what the actives are like.....****e). Can you coil tap em? And pics?
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Sup roast, wires of course are coming with it, it's quick connect btw.

As for the pots, I didn't really think anyone would need em since they're your standard 500k, actives are the ones that utilize 250k pots generally speaking. If ya need em though, I'll see what I can do.

As for the cleans, the bridge cleans are booty but all I do is either flip it up to the neck or leave it in the middle and that's where I get my cleans from and it's pretty nice. And btw, these are passives so there is no sort of overdriving the clean signal so although the cleans aren't sparkling off the fretboard, they're a HELL of a lot better than its active counterparts.

As far as I know, I'm not sure if you can coil tap this sucker but you can always do research on that one. I'll take pics in a bit, but it's still on the guitar as of now.
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
Last edited by GuianM at Oct 24, 2006,
Up!
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
I love EMG pick ups.. My Epi Zakk wylde had the passive HZ's and my Gibson has the active 81 and 85...they cant be beat... the passive pickups sound incredible through a solid state but everything sounds better through a tube amp... The actives are the ones you want a Tube amp for.
My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.
Originally Posted by Dyer's Eve
Bah, just **** her...

Rape is such a harsh term... I prefer to call it 'Surprise Sex'.

Founder of the I Love Family Guy Club. PM me to join.
These are still very available!!
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
hey man i posted before bc i was interested in the pickups. i was going to buy a guitar from somebody on here but then i had some **** come up. it was 200 out of pocket expenses and now i can't afford it but i can afford the pickups. if i could get pics that would be great.
Pics are up!
Guitars:
Jackson DXMGT
Agile Al-2000

Amp:
Peavey Ultra Plus 120
Carvin G412B

FX:
Line6 Echo Park
Quote by roast
(i know what the actives are like.....****e).

I beg to differ, If you know the set-up og emg's your getting you can acheive a vey nice clean especially from a tube amp, have you even tried youself, sat down and messed around?
^Yeah, i have, and dont like the cleans on the actives.

Are these still for sale? If they are, im here! I was banned for a while, but im back, and need these pups desperatly, so if you wanna sell em, shoot me a pm and well discuss it.

Thanks man.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Still very available and PM sent!