Page 1 of 3
^ yep...the "liking factor" of a song amplifies...
usually stick to classic rock rather than bodom when high..
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
I actually put my music on random when im drunk.

Beer + Good Metal = Great headbanging session.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Yeah, I basically like anything that grooves. BLS, Pantera, Cannibal Corpse, whatever.
Korpiklaani - Wooden Pints

[/thread]

Other folk works too, btu goddamnit that song is the best.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal

[/thread]

I reserve the right to use that emoticon as much as I want in this thread.
Urfaust - Drudenfus
Nevermore - Inside Four Walls, We Disintegrate
Trauma - An Act of Providence
Sleep Terror - Vague Sentiments Unveil
Vader - Xeper
Quo Vadis - Mute Reqiuem
Pig Destroyer - Gravedancer
Destroyer 666 - Anything and EVERYTHING
Bolt Thrower - Anything and EVERYTHING
Quote by Spynal

[/thread]

Too right, that songs great for drinking. Finntroll, Ensiferum, Trollfest and various other folk bands are great for it too. My friends and I made up a drinking game where you listen to Finntroll and everytime you hear one of the funny folk melodies they have, you have to down your drink for the length of the melody. It's fun.
All I have to say is: Reinheitsgebot FTW!!!

Ok guys, what are your favourite beers?

Mine are Furstenberg, Paulaner, Schelmer and Tooheys Old.
Quote by heretic_boy
Ok guys, what are your favourite beers?
Heineken, Rickard's Red, and Albino Rhino. And once in a while, I love a good Sleeman Cream Ale. That stuff's a bit too sweet for everyday drinkage though.
Negro Modelo, Corona, Heineken, Dos Equis, Guiness.

I love my brew.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Spynal

[/thread]

Indeed, wooden pints is a great drinking song, or beer beer
As for favourite beer either carling,stella or guiness
I find Overkill's 'Old School' very appropriate, and Nightwish's 'Over The Hills and Far Away' gave me and my friends some good fun.
And of course, Korpiklaani's 'Wooden Pints'.

As for favored brews, Heineken, Corona, Leff and Tuborg Red/Lemon.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I would also like to add:

Korpiklaani - Happy Little Boozer
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Does this count for being high as well?

I might even be able to like black metal when i'm drunk....
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Yeah folk metal is great to listen to when you're drunk. I also like listening to ''Blood for the Bloodgod'', a song by a german dm band called Debauchery, they're ridiculous.

One thing I don't understand though is why of all Dutch beers everyone seems to love Heineken the most. It tastes like piss! I like Corona and Dommelsch best.

Goddamn this thread makes me want to get drunk.
Usually when I drink, I get baked. So then, Primus is fun to listen to. But usually, we throw on some black or death metal, or grindcore stuff.

Favorite beer? Hoegaarden, Grolsch, Zywiec, Warsteiner, and a few others.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Folk. I don't like folk metal normally (spare a few bands) but it's fun to drink to. Pantera usually makes for a good time as well.

Favorite beer? Don't have one. There are a few I don't like but really I'll drink whatever I can get.
Slaves Shall Serve
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I love how the true interest of this thread comes out - someone asks for bands, it turns to beer.

Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
Belzebuth in the right hand, Cig in the left hand, and any folk metal makes me a happy jason.

Happy little Boozer.

Jason's a happy little hamster.

...kinda looks like one, too.
Well for me it's either 30 stones or a 24 of the beast (I know, I'm poor).

Folk metal of course is great but honestly I'm always down for some old school Metallica or BLS when I'm drinkin'. Or some Styx....
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Pantera, or any old school DM, or Thrash.

Corona, Budweiser (pint glass, not bottle), Heineken, oh and Cornish Bitter is always good.
Rhapsody anyone? Only bad thing its your neighbors yelling to ya to shut up.

And cant forget the mighty Bal-Sagoth.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
beer isnt really nothing, i would rather get drunk off mccormicks whiskey or some grain alcohol, then listen to some metal.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Mostly NWOBHM and speed metal. Motorhead, Bulldozer, Iron Angel, Exciter, Venom etc. Thrash and early DM works too. Id like me some jagermeister or guiness right about now.
Our skin worn thin
Our bones exposed
Life reduced to ticks
Quote by InfiniteSadness
One thing I don't understand though is why of all Dutch beers everyone seems to love Heineken the most. It tastes like piss! I like Corona and Dommelsch best.
Corona is Mexican, not Dutch...

And Corona is shitty teen-beer. Heineken has a great taste, especially when served slightly chilled. I don't like my beer ice-cold (unless it's a piss beer like Browar Staropolskie Zlote), as that tends to chill the taste-buds.
Quote by <><

And Corona is shitty teen-beer. Heineken has a great taste, especially when served slightly chilled. I don't like my beer ice-cold (unless it's a piss beer like Browar Staropolskie Zlote), as that tends to chill the taste-buds.

Hell yeah, ice cold beer smokes the bone. Lagers should be served chilled, and ales/stouts should be room temp, apart from Guinness/Guinness and black which is sex when its chilled a bit.

I'm also glad no one has mentioned Budweiser, Budvar is ok but the American stuff is just vile
Quote by unfathomable_bo
I'm also glad no one has mentioned Budweiser, Budvar is ok but the American stuff is just vile
American Budweiser in a can...

Basically the yeast-infection of the beer world.

Question for you European people...I drank a beer a couple nights ago called 'Browar Staropolskie Zlote' (mentioned in my last post). I have no clue where it's from or anything, I googled it but couldn't find any details. It sounds like some kind of Dutch words to me. It was seriously the most atrocious-tasting beer I've drank; have any of you tried it?
Last edited by <>< at Sep 22, 2006,
Quote by <><
Question for you European people...I drank a beer a couple nights ago called 'Browar Staropolskie Zlote'. I have no clue where it's from or anything, I googled it but couldn't find any details. It sounds like some kind of Dutch words to me. It was seriously the most atrocious-tasting beer I've drank; have any of you tried it?

Definitely doesn't sound Dutch. Rather Polish. Haven't tried it, but it doesn't sound like Dutch.
Page 1 of 3