Lately I've been using a lot more vibrato and bending, and it has seemed to rip my caluses or at least the top later. It makes it difficult because it's a nuisance. Is there anyway to remedy this? Would thicker strings help? I am usings 10s

Doesn't hurt but...
Thicker strings (heavier gauge) would make it worse probably as they would be harder to bend. You could try lighter gauge strings, but if it doesn't hurt i wouldnt worry about it. As you play more your calluses will get tougher and wont rip anymore
id use a nail clipper on the bits of skin hanging off....thats what i used to do
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
eventually it'll stop doing it so much. if it really starts to hurt, stop playing.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Just wish it wouldn't happen, it gets stuck on the strings. Guess I just have to build them tougher, not painful at all just annoying.
Quote by USAOwnz
Just wish it wouldn't happen, it gets stuck on the strings. Guess I just have to build them tougher, not painful at all just annoying.

Don't play for extended periods of time. Work your way up. I can get in a 14 hour day, hurts though.
Yeah, you just have to touch out the pain for a while and eventually you'll get used to it!

*moved*