dude, its impossible to be the "best " guitarist. its like asking if you're an individual or not. music and its artists are so eccentric that it is impossible to compare one artist to another. since everyone has their own style and unique tastes, it makes it a pointless question.

having said that, i can safely say that i am (though, skill-wise, its really not true) better than hendrix in MY EYES.

creativity cannot and will not be compared... ever...

peace out
i think music can be compared, take 2 artists, put them in front of 30,000 people, have them play their best 3 songs and then have the crowd take a vote.

by that scenario are you better than hendrix?
once again, individuality and the fact that people have their own views on what is good and what isnt determines this.

i think that the crowd would be split, though not evenly and totally in Jimi's favor, since my technical playing isnt the best. i've noticed, as you probably have too (you're, what, 3-4 yrs older than me? maybe?), that many teens and the majority of music consumers in these days of pop and hip-hop music gravitate towards the simpler music, ie punk, alt, stuff that isnt INCREDIBLY difficult to play. so it also depends upon the type of crowd. but honestly, i'd vote for Hendrix, because i believe he is one of the best emotional players and writers of the last half century.

that rambled a bit, but i still believe that its all a matter of opinion.

plus, MUSIC ISNT A DEMOCRACY, DAMMIT!!!!

just joking.

out.
Not even close.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Yes

Better guitarist technically, no way near as good a composer, or as original in terms of style.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Derigiberble
Yes

Better guitarist technically, no way near as good a composer, or as original in terms of style.

I get what you mean.

I can't play like him, for a start, let alone playing with my teeth/legs/behind my back. I don't think I'll ever be as good a composer as him though.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr