Hello,

When I first bought the GNX4 two years ago I was using it my main source for my sound, using its amp modeling to get the sound I wanted because my old amps distortion wasn't very good. Well I have a new amp now, and its the best sounding amp I've ever played. Now, I just dont want my digitech to sit in the corner of my room gathering dust, I want to use it just for its effects, so I can still use my amps natural distortion.

I got some info from Digitech how to hook it up in the effects loop, as I have never used an effects loop before. Well, I hooked it up, and its at a really low volume, and it also hums really loud. I turn up the send and return level, and that raises the level a tad, but it mainly just makes the hum louder.

Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the hum? Has anyone here had similiar problems? Thanks for all your help.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
how do you have the GNX hooked up, meaning what inputs and outputs are you using? Also, what kind of equipment is your loop expecting? Like for example, my Framus loop has the wrong connections for stomp boxes, line level and pro level audio (+4dB) are the only things that sound good with it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I have the send jack going to the guitar input on the back of the digitech. Then I have a cord going from the left output jack going into the return jack. This is what I was told to do. Im not sure what equipment its expecting.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
What is the speaker compensation set on? Also, what level do you have the output level on the GNX set at, next to that jack you're using? Do you have a patch you are trying, where you disabled the amp modeling, and are strictly using fx?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Im new to this effects loop thing, so Im not sure what the speaker compensation is set on. But yes, Im just using the effects, not the amp modeling, thats all turned off.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
I mean the button near the output jacks on the GNX, there is a speaker compensation setting. Also, did you turn up the output level dial right next to the output you're using?
amp clips
amp vids
Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about. I always leave it pushed out, if its pushed in it sounds really really bad. And yes, its up all the way, and that contributes to the noise, but if I turn it down, then I cant hear it.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100