i know this has been posted before but no one has any accurate and certain info on all the guitars/effects the strokes use (including back-up guitars)

so could anyone help me in finding out what they use? and please no "go to guitar-geek" because that website is a little outdated
whatsthatsound.org would have answered all your questions and more, but unfortunately it's down right now. I'll go looking around.
I know what they used on the first album. Can't say what they use now.

Nick - Epiphone Riviera modded with P-90s. Not sure what year. He has a signature model now. He's also been seen playing a black Les Paul Jr.

Albert - Japanese made 70's reissue Strat.

Both guys played through Hot Rod Deville 2x12. Both had Jeckyl and Hyde Overdrive pedals, and both used George Benson strings. These were not the only pieces of gear in the chain.
Okay thanks. How do you know they use George Benson strings?

Also, how long has whatsthatsound.org been down for? Are we talking days, weeks?
It just happened like a day or two ago (so that's pretty unlucky), the admin has just been having trouble renewing it, and if he can't renew it he'll create a new one with everything backed up back on it. I don't know anything about that sort of stuff so I have no idea, but it's active so it might not be long.
Quote by Wasted Resource
I know what they used on the first album. Can't say what they use now.

Nick - Epiphone Riviera modded with P-90s. Not sure what year. He has a signature model now. He's also been seen playing a black Les Paul Jr.

Albert - Japanese made 70's reissue Strat.

Both guys played through Hot Rod Deville 2x12. Both had Jeckyl and Hyde Overdrive pedals, and both used George Benson strings. These were not the only pieces of gear in the chain.

arent they p94s or something like that

theyre arent p90s i don't think. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Nick Valensi
1990s Epiphone Riviera with P-94 Humbucker-sized single coil pickups
Gibson Les Paul Custom
MXR Micro Amp x2
first and sophomore albums used Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive/Distortion
third album uses Vox Cooltron Bulldog Overdrive/Distortion
(Boss?) Tremolo Pedal (as heard on Juicebox)
Boss Tuner Pedal

Albert Hammond, Jr
1970's reissue 1985 Japanese Fender Stratocaster
MXR Micro Amp
Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive/Distortion Pedal
Boss Tuner Pedal
Delay Pedal (used on third album)

Both use Fender Hot Rod Deville in 2x12
I know they used George Bensons, because I was an assistant engineer at the studio they were working in, and they sent me to get them.

And yes, they are P-94s, not P-90s. Sorry for the confusion.