This is mostly inspired from the dude asking what wah he should get.. except I did it on a bit of a bigger scale.

Morley Power Wah Volume
Russian Big Muff
Digitech Multichorus
Boss OC-3 Octave Pedal
Boss Limiter/Enhancer
Boss Bass Equalizer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
and of course, George L's effect cables

I was going for a wide variety of things. Morley+Muff for solos, Chorus to add that extra bit of flavour to certain parts, an octave pedal to bust out a guitar solo on bass and other creative uses, equalizer for when I don't have enough time to go change EQ settings in the middle of a song, limiter to make my frantic playing sound more even, and the tuner for an obvious reason.

I am still a 4-month newbie at bass, this is just one of those things for the future that I want to plan.

Can anybody suggest variations on these, post experiences with your own one of these, and share the good/bad points of any/all of these? Thanks.
$100 for a tuner is ridiculous. I personally don't use EQ in effects (or even on my amp) - I keep my amp's EQ flat and let my bass provide all the EQing.

You don't have any effects and just want to jump into all this? I'd slow down on the effects buying bro until you have both the rig and the experience to go with it.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
That's just kind of a "theory" thing. The only ones I could probably find a use for all the time is the Morley (can be used as just volume) and the Muff.

It'll probably be easily over a year before I buy any of this, I'm still stuck on an Ibanez GSR200FM bass and Ibanez SW35 amp. I'm kind of thinking ahead way too much, but yeah.
morley and boss make some pretty good effects
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
i only hav experience with some of those pedals. LMB-3 ODB-3 and TU-2

the LMB-3 is hands down my favourite pedal. i use it all the time. it adds more control to your tone, and is something i HAVE to use when slapping, to get rid of that annoyingly loud pop. its never turned off in my rig.

the ODB-3 is my other main pedal. its an overdrive before a distortion pedal, i use it when i need to stick out just a bit more. using it with a jazz style bass doesnt give you all that much crunch and sounds kinda thin at times, but i still love this pedal.

the TU-2 is expensive, and probably should be one of the final pedals in ur rig, but it is really useful. its designed for live performance, it lets u cut the signal to ur amp so u can tune quietly, and it doubles as a powersupply to the rest of ur pedals. not a must, but defiantely useful.

and i wont tell you to not buy effects or w/e when ur still new, just remember its just a hobby for most ppl and like buying anyting else spend wisely.
Quote by UtBDan
$100 for a tuner is ridiculous. I personally don't use EQ in effects (or even on my amp) - I keep my amp's EQ flat and let my bass provide all the EQing.

You don't have any effects and just want to jump into all this? I'd slow down on the effects buying bro until you have both the rig and the experience to go with it.

It is different when your bass EQ is better than your amps Bongos FTW Dan!!!
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join