this thread is designed for those in search of discussion, or help with the awsome toy that is...dun dun dun "the dl-4 line 6 delay modeler. I've had this pedal for about 9 months, and play with it everyday, and i know theres still tons of cool stuff i havent figured out yet. i've also run into problems, like many of you. for instance, loss of volume when using the looping option. this is actually my current problem. so, if u know any cool tricks with this thing, have a problem, or just like to sing its praises, heres the place to talk DL-4.
a broad incision sits across the eveninga broad incision sits across the eveninga broad incision sits across the evening
i'm replying to my own post. i've seen similar questions in other threads in reguard to this, but they were too individualized to help me out. i've been screwing around with my pedal position, i have the DL-4, digitech digital delay, boss octave OC-3, boss distortion DS-1, and a fender p-100 chromatic tuner. i play a korina epiphone explorer through this vintage ampeg gemini 2 channel combo my father gave me that he had ages ago. it has 2 channels, both giving 2 inputs, normal and bright, with no apparent FX loop, though it has an ext. speaker, and ext. amp input in the back. right now i have this setup: AMP>DL-4>DIGITECH DELAY>OC-3>DS-1>P-100>guitar, if that makes sense. and truely, this is my favorite setup thus far, only one problem; when i want to loop something, using the effects, like the distortion, the volume of the loop is half what it would be if i were to put the DL-4 in front on the DS-1, or closer to the guitar. But, if i do that, when i record a loop with distortion, after i've looped it, and decided to turn off the distortion for my next loop to be clean, the original loop loses the distortion as well, wtf? how can i setup everything to avoid the volume loss, and still loop with the effects without losing them when i turn them off? what do i need to avoid this? a compressor? noise gate? line selector? what else besides getting the espression pedal? i dont want to be tap dancing more than i already am.
a broad incision sits across the eveninga broad incision sits across the eveninga broad incision sits across the evening
^I had that problem with my DD6 when I first got it and started to use the loop.

What you do is run your delay last in your chain (closest to the amp) and the problem should be solved.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
no, thats what caused the problem. when i moved it last, but i like that setup most, but i lose the volume... and with the delay at the beginning, i lose the effect on the loop if i turn off the effect.