Page 3 of 13
to tune to 2 steps down do I hold the 4th fret down on each string and tune to that string on a tuner?
yeah, that's right.

Just do that and tune EADGBe
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
How do I tune to C F B E G C?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
That's a strange tuning, where'd you get it from?

Standard; Two whole steps down: C F Bb Eb G C - ( C F A# D# G C )

1. Play the 1st fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 1st fret Low E string.
2. Play the 6th fret A string and the D string open. Retune the D string to match the 5th fret A string.
3. Play the 5th fret D string and the G string open. Retune the G string to match the 5th fret D string.
4. Play the 3rd fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 4th fret G string.
5. Play the 5th fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 5th fret B string.
6. Play the 5th fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the 5th fret Low E to match the A string open.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
^The tuning's from a dream theater song.Thanks for the help
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
C G C F Bb D

i need that for the all mighty dracula and friends pt.1 by don ross

any help would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: v thanks frenchy!
Last edited by Ledhead82048 at Jan 18, 2007,
Drop C (Drop D down a whole step): C G C F Bb D

1. Play the 3rd fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 3rd fret Low E string.
2. Play the 5th fret A string and the D string open. Retune the D string to match the 5th fret A string.
3. Play the 5th fret D string and the G string open. Retune the G string to match the 5th fret D string.
4. Play the 5th fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 5th fret G string.
5. Play the 4th fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 4th fret B string.
6. Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Hey guys, stupid beginner questions here. Hope you can help me...

Okay, its my first guitar with a floating trem and I just wanted to make cautionary steps b4 I do something stupid...

My guitar came in standard tuning from the factory and I would like to tune it back again(in standard tuning) after some time to keep it in-tune.... So is it safe to go ahead and tune the guitar without worrying about the bridge goin bonkers or having to adjust anything?

Do I have to unlock something on the nut or something from the bridge b4 i tune the guitar ?

How bout if I wanted to do some low-tunings? Is it safe to go ahead and do them on a floating-trem?

Anyone who is sure and knows this kind of stuff please help.
how can i get to this tuning using a chromatic tuner? cos it only has flat buttons not sharps?

C=1st string
G
D#
A#
F
A#= 6th

also whats the name of this tuning thx
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
From low to high that's Bb F Bb Eb G C, if that's what you mean.

Looks like Drop Bb

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
newbie question:
why do all the other strings vibrate when i pick a single note, and how can i make them not do that?
A relaxed singer is a singer in control.

Quote by whocares09
"HOT DAMN LITTLE JIMMIES TOUCHIN HIS CACK N BALLS!! YEEHAH!"

OMFG!!! HAHAHAHA!

www.myspace.com/johnny_1990
Quote by singer_johnny90
newbie question:
why do all the other strings vibrate when i pick a single note, and how can i make them not do that?

if its the same note it vibrates because of the bridge. like if i played the A on the E the A string would vibrate. you can mute the strings if it annoys you

Quote by keverinkarama
Hey guys, stupid beginner questions here. Hope you can help me...

Okay, its my first guitar with a floating trem and I just wanted to make cautionary steps b4 I do something stupid...

My guitar came in standard tuning from the factory and I would like to tune it back again(in standard tuning) after some time to keep it in-tune.... So is it safe to go ahead and tune the guitar without worrying about the bridge goin bonkers or having to adjust anything?

Do I have to unlock something on the nut or something from the bridge b4 i tune the guitar ?

How bout if I wanted to do some low-tunings? Is it safe to go ahead and do them on a floating-trem?

Anyone who is sure and knows this kind of stuff please help.

Floyd rose? if it has a locking nut, you'll want to loosen it a bit before tuning, as it basically clamps the strings.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by singer_johnny90
newbie question:

Probably cause your guitar isn't quite tuned perfectly right, or the intonation may be off.

If tuned perfectly it shouldn't do that at all, except when Indie says.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
EBDEBE

1)Play the 7th fret E string and the open A string. Retune the A string to match the E string.
2) Play the 2nd fret D string and the open G string. Retune the G string to match the open G string.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Hi. I've had some difficulty tuning a floating trem (with locking nut) for the 1st time. Whenever I'd tune one string, then go back to another that I have already tuned in, it seems to go back out of tune. What is the reason for this and how do I tune it the proper way??
Last edited by keverinkarama at Feb 3, 2007,
ive been tuning for 3 hours, but its still off. if i was to put a video on youtube of how im tuning it could someone help me please?
i have a tuner. i have an acoustic, so i have one of those blow tuners. i still cant do it
Quote by brittanyj107
i have a tuner. i have an acoustic, so i have one of those blow tuners. i still cant do it

Personally, I hate those, but that's just me.

Try tuning like this:

e---------0-
B-------0-5-
G-------4--
D-----0----
A--0--5----
E--5-------

try tuning like that, it's hard to get your ear round, but once you do it'll be your best friend.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
By doing that you have to assume your low E string is in tune to begin with. But it is the quickest way to tune your guitar.
ಥ_ಥ
Hey guys... I know this is a really stupid question, but whatever.

So I have a tuner, and my guitar is tuned to A440, what on the tuner do I tune the guitar to for it to be a 1/2 step down? I mean, is it A435, or what. I'm confused. So, if any of you guys can answer me, that'd be sick. Thanks.

~Zelly
Originally Posted by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.
You shouldn't have to change that to tune down a half step. It'd be ~415 though.

By "~415" I mean, it'd actually be 415.30. If you can tell the difference, I'll give you a cookie.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Last edited by FrenchyFungus at Mar 1, 2007,
can you please help me with the sevendust tuning, i saw B F# B E F# B and if that's actually it how do you get that.
Drop B: B F# B E G# C#

1. Play the 2nd fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 2nd fret Low E string.
2. Play the 5th fret A string and the D string open. Retune the D string to match the 5th fret A string.
4. Play the 4th fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 4th fret G string.
5. Play the 3rd fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 5th fret B string.
6. Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open.

I can't be assed looking into Sevendust's tuning right now, but if it's what you say, that's how to do it.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
call me really dumb, but i'm having trouble tuning with my electronic tuner.
It's a Korg-UA30.
It's set to the right setting (guitar, not bass).
I tried plugging my jack straight from my guitar into it-- I get a reading on like three strings, generally-- sometimes they're two notes off, though. It was saying my 4th String was a 7B
(when it was still higher than my low Estring to my ears). It said my 6th String was a 5A-- so I tightened it, still a 5A, tightened it, it snapped.

I've now since restrung it, and still am getting no response on some strings- or flat out bizarre ones. The mic method isn't much better.

Any help?
The tuner doesn't actually know which string you're playing, just what frequency it is, and will show the nearest string to that, if that makes sense.

And if it was saying your 6th string was 5A, you already had it too tight.

If you get one string tuned, you can use this method to tune:

1. Play the 5th fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 5th fret Low E string.
4. Play the 4th fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 4th fret G string.
5. Play the 5th fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 5th fret B string.

Takes a little practice, but I find it quicker, and much less hassle.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Thanks. I'll try that. If you have any tips to get my tuner working (without it suggesting for me to tighten strings to the point of them snapping!) they'd be appreciated as well!

Oh, and one more quick question-- is there a particular place I should be picking/plucking when I'm trying to tune? Or just where I normally would?

Thanks again
Just where you normally would.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Standard; One and half steps down: Db Gb Cb Fb Ab Db - ( C# F# B E G# C# )

1. Play the 2nd fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 2nd fret Low E string.
6. Play the 5th fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the 5th fret Low E to match the A string open.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I have a dumb question what does it mean to tune the guitar up a full step I can't find nothing on it anywhere
Quote by Albores
I have a dumb question what does it mean to tune the guitar up a full step I can't find nothing on it anywhere

Down, almost certainly.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Tuning in drop C.
Now i might not being doing this right lend a hand here.
does my guitar needed to be tuned in C then follow the steps
to drop c tuning? Cause i tried in Standard useing the Drop c walkthrou and i cant seem
to get it right.
might just be me reading something wrong thou.
Quote by Sheepbane
Tuning in drop C.
Now i might not being doing this right lend a hand here.
does my guitar needed to be tuned in C then follow the steps
to drop c tuning? Cause i tried in Standard useing the Drop c walkthrou and i cant seem
to get it right.
might just be me reading something wrong thou.

Those steps should work no matter what tuning your guitar is in to start with, as long as the first string is tuned to E.

Tuning this way takes a bit to get used to, until your ear gets used to listening for the phasing. When the string is slightly out of tune, you'll hear a "wobbling" sound when you play the two notes together. When the wobbling is at it's slowest, you're in tune.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I was playing around with the guitar pro file of arcade fire - power out and noticed one of the guitar's using an unusual (to me) tuning:

BBGDAD

what would this be called? I'm thinking bout hunting for my old squire and giving it a go before using it on me ESP.

cheers, thanks a lot.
.::. Jau Peacecraft .::.
Last edited by Jau_Peacecraft at Mar 15, 2007,
It'd be called "odd" lol.

Anyway, I can't find a GP tab of it on UG, you got a link to it?

I think you've written that high to low, which is why I want to check before ****ing up your guitar

But if it is then it'd be this:

1. Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open
2. Replace the high e string with a B string and tune it to match the other B string.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Its drop D with the high E dropped to a B. No idea why win does that, but it says the same on the non GP tab on the site
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Its drop D with the high E dropped to a B. No idea why win does that, but it says the same on the non GP tab on the site

Thanks, what I put up is right then.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Can I take a 6 string guitar and tune it down to say an A-D-G-C on the lower end (say like Korn), and still have it retain its tuning, or do I need a 7 string.