Well i cant see where else to put this, plus here it'll get the most views.

Right heres my problem, woke up this morning. My middle finger on my left hand, it was locked in a L shape.

The second joint was locked! Locked 90* from the first part. Now i couldnt straighten it using my norm finger strenth and had to use my other hand to straigten it and it was ****ing sore.

No major swelling but if i make a fist and release it locks again and its v sore.

Ideas?
hate to point out the obvious, but i'd see a doctor just to make sure! it'd be really **** to just leave it and find out you've ****ed up one of ure fingers!
You dislocated your finger.

The first thing you should have done is let your parents know.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Parents... they dont care

Its not dc'ed, well not now i think when i straightend it, it went back to its original place. I'll leave it until tomorrow and see whats what.

I can just see myself sitting behind a drum kit **HORROR**
Quote by JorisBlack
dude, go to a doctor as soon as you can!

you dont actually believe that an internet forum can help you?

Fuckin' A
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Especially when it's a crazy forum like UG were people will probably say 'dude U ned to put yr finger in ur ass and it will be ok again haha lol!!!111!!!hundredeleven'

See a doctor, that's what doctors are for!
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Yeah dude this isnt a free clinic........I'm just messing with you but like everyone else said you need a doctor.
so sticking my finger up my ass wont help..? damn!

Haha ive been here since the beginning, i know what to listen to

So doctor, ok i'll go.
things to worry about....

if the finger is cold, swollen red, or purple

strange u dont remember jamming it tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
probably shoving it up his ass, and is too embarrassed to tell anyone.

im right arent i?

we were all thinking it.
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
You might have even broken it. Well, those metal shelled finger cast probibly make great slides! lol.
Doc appoint tomorrow, who knows why it was just the middle finger...

**** knows what i did in my sleep...
Yep, it was dislocated!

Gutted but it will heal. Playing guitar with 3 fingers is ****...
Quote by Preid
Yep, it was dislocated!

Gutted but it will heal. Playing guitar with 3 fingers is ****...

It pains me to say "I told you so" ... bah, who am I kidding.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
I have this for years , when i wake up , my fingers are really stiff and ****ed up :S

I hope i don't have reuma (or however it's written) =/

it usually takes like 30 minutes before my fingers work fine again :p it still hurts sometimes during the day :p

also sucks for barre chords for me because it hurts a bit :p

I went to the docter like 10 years ago :p because it was REALLY bad at some point (COULDN'T MOVE MY ****IN ARMS AND LEGS FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS) they said it was because i was growing , well **** no it wasn't :P , but now im used to it -_-'' (just my fingers for the last x years ) never had problems again with others parts lol :P

I hope you don't have same **** as i do :p because it just sucks.
^!!

Id go back, something aint right there.

I can do basic chords but everything else is a no go.

UG's ultimate funk rock guitarist will return though!
Punk2Guitar, did you start working out at a young age?
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by Bazilisck311
Punk2Guitar, did you start working out at a young age?

Uhm , im not sure how old i was when i started working out but i suppose so :^)

but wasn't anything serious i think , just push-ups and stuff

Could that be it then? i mean would that last for so long? :S im confused ah well , anything i could possibly do about it?
Last edited by Punk2Guitar at Sep 25, 2006,
Quote by Preid

I was into mgs when i registerd

I'm sorry but Cyborg Ninja always was and always will be the coolest cyborg-ish ninja EVAR!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
I'm sorry but Cyborg Ninja always was and always will be the coolest cyborg-ish ninja EVAR!

Grey Fox is t3h haxxorz pwn

Anyways, Punk2Guitar, I know if you start working out too young and you push yourself too far, the lactic acid buildup can leave you bed ridden for a few weeks until your muscles regenerate the damaged tissue. It can also stunt your growth.

Regardless, since your body is more efficient at getting oxygen to your muscles (which is why you do light weights for alot of reps, to manage lactic acid buildup), now that you've worked out a bit, your arms and legs aren't suffering from the lactic acid buildup they did when you were younger.

Same principle with your fingers. Your excessive guitar playing is building up lactic acid in your muscles, thus causing tissue damage which equals stiffness and soreness the next day.

The trick to all this is to pace your self and take it easy when you first start working any muscle. When you overexert your muscles and lactic acid build up results in tissue damage, then you have to take a few days off the muscle, let it heal - otherwise it will take longer to regenerate the tissue and you'll have stiffness and soreness in the offending muscle longer then you should. Also, make sure you eat full meals and drink plenty of liquids to aid the regeneration process - the less you eat, the longer it takes.

If I'm correct in my diagnoses of course
I used to Powerlift competitively and I was trained by my older brother, a graduate of Brockport University - so I know a few pointers
Ibanez JEM 7VWH