I willl be painting my first guitar pretty soon. I just want to get some tips and tricks on how to go about it? ( i.e. type of paint, type of primer, type of laquer to use, as well as some do's and Do not's )
Pictures of your projects would be really nice too and really helpful. Explain how you went about painting your guitar.

Also if any of you all have good websites that were helpful to you please post these websites up.
most peopel paitn tehir first gutiars with duplicolor spray paints, or krylon spray paints, they are an acrylic lacquer based paint availible in most car shops, and one stop shop stores.

for primers stick with the same brand of spray paint. (if you want to use duplicolor paints, use duplicolor primer)

don't touch the body until your completely sure the paint has cured (primers and color coats usually take like 30 minutes to an hour, clear coats usually take about 8-12 hours)

clear coats with spray paints need abotu 10-12 coats of clear.

buy lots of sandpaper, specificaly 60 grit, 220 grit, 400 grit, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500,2000*
*for everything over 800 grit papers will be needed for sandign and buffing after you put the clear on.

www.reranch.com <great patingin tut